Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone been with real gap for the china trip( experience) 4 weeks

if so, how many people are in a group and what kind of people went ie were there younger people or older?

ReputationRep:
    yah

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks for replying to my post. ermm how was the china 4 weeks thing?

like how many people were in your group, how old were the people. did you get along with the people

also do you stay with ppl in your group

how good was trip

i am thinking of booking it soon

also how could were the activities
    Forward Message Reply With Quote

ReputationRep:
    LOL...

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I'm actually going to be going on that trip in march
    =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james20)

if so, how many people are in a group and what kind of people went ie were there younger people or older?
    go by yourself its much cheaper and more rewarding

ReputationRep:

Hi I am Chinese living in Guangzhou now. It's my great pleasure to hear that you would like to visit China in your gap year.
    I agree with "joeyg"(he replied you earlier). Coming here on your own is much more rewarding and exciting if you really want to understand our culture. Joining a camp is also a goo idea but sometimes it will be like a process you go to a place and make a tick on your diary. You do not understand things.
    If you need more information, please send me a message and I will give you my email address to let you know more about my country.

ReputationRep:
    China is amazing, such a culture shock! You will have a great time, yummy food to!! Make sure you try to visit the Great Wall & Forbidden City!

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks for replying to my post. ermm how was the china 4 weeks thing?

like how many people were in your group, how old were the people. did you get along with the people

also do you stay with ppl in your group

how good was trip

i am thinking of booking it soon

also how could were the activities
    Forward Message Reply With Quote

Hi James! Please let me start by telling you it isn't worth going with RealGap. China is NOT somewhere you want to waste your time with a bunch of people you might hate and being herded around like a cow!

Earlier this year I knew I wanted to go to China. I was confused about how to go about it, but it's very easy!

Go by yourself! Do everything independently, it's so much cheaper. Admittedly, my flights were a bit pricier because I didn't do a simple return flight... I flew into Beijing and flew home from Hong Kong (and fitted Korea in the middle haha). I was able to visit so many places... Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guiyang, Huangguashu Falls, Guilin, Yangshuo, Kunming, Lijiang, Dali, Shangri-La --> Seoul, Busan --> Hong Kong

Flights were around £600 return and I spent about £1500 over the space of three months.

It's much better I'm sure, you'll meet far more people and the independence/flexibility factor is boss.

Regards,

Lesbo

ReputationRep:
    Will back up all of these points, I remember thinking about where to go and was considering these private projects but talking to people who went they did not at all recommend it. £1300 for four weeks never mind flights and other probably over £2000, just think about that. If you went to China or like I did Africa you could stretch £2000 to around three- four months quite easily. Also these projects are designed too much for the tourist route while if you travelled alone you could see the real china.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.