Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got 37 out of 40 for my first nab....should i be looking to get an A??
    Also a very interesting topi, how do youse find it?

ReputationRep:
    NAB questions are set at level C.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. The NAB questions are exactly the same type as what the exam will ask (ie. they're not set at level C) - they're just marked differently. The only thing that's different is the essay, which I think is usually shorter in the NAB.

ReputationRep:
    Woo! well done! that's really good.

ReputationRep:
    NAB questions aren't always Level C - History NABs are harder than the exam quite often. That said, my school doesn't even offer Sociology, so I don't know about Sociology NABs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah iv had a look ..in sociology the nab seems exact same difficulty as previous exams in the first part anyway. So 37 out of 40 would mean i would need 33 marks to achieva an A?? also i dont see why schools do not offer this subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackbull)
    Yeah iv had a look ..in sociology the nab seems exact same difficulty as previous exams in the first part anyway. So 37 out of 40 would mean i would need 33 marks to achieva an A?? also i dont see why schools do not offer this subject!
    I suppose part of the reason why schools don't offer it is that there isn't much demand in schools. Colleges maybe, but I doubt many people would take it. Same reason why most schools don't offer Latin. There will be other reasons too, but that's my bit.

ReputationRep:
    They offer it here but mostly only to S6 - presumably because there's a lot of content and a previous knowledge of the workload is an advantage, but a few of my friends did it in S5 and ended up getting A's. It's not even as if the class is small here, either. It's usually quite large, so I think they should offer it in more places.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you should get an A. It's piss easy. I pretty much memorised the information, full marks in every NAB and an A in the exam. Couldn't tell you much about it now though!

ReputationRep:
    Is 70 out of 100 an a?

ReputationRep:
    Is 70 out of 100 an a?
    The exact boundaries change every year, but on average 70% is the boundary for an A, yes. This is for all subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope it's 'piss easy' lol !

ReputationRep:
    Me too just started doing education... wee bit more concerned about the essays tho??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    I doubt many people would take it. Same reason why most schools don't offer Latin. There will be other reasons too, but that's my bit.
    You doubt many people would take it? Actually, I live in a really small city and I'm doing Higher Sociology in college. There has to be two seperate classes because it's such a popular subject and in each class there's more than 30 people...

Pretty popular I'd say.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.