Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First thing to say to a girl (the approach!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi this is my first post on this forum I recently turned 19, taking a gap year

Yeh basically I just wanted to get some ideas of what I can say to girls when I first approach them.

I haven't had a girlfriend since I was 17 and it was really getting to me as I was starting to feel a tad lonely lol, all my mates had gone to uni etc.

So recently I've just been going to girls in pubs, clubs anywhere really just for a chat. Some times it goes great, others not so well, but hey practice makes perfect and I feel as though I'm like 2 years behind everyone already so time to catch up.

I'm fine with the talking and holding a conversation, it's just the "opening line" that really gets me, SO GIRLS HELP ME OUT HERE.

I'm fed up of saying "Hi my names David" as it just sounds so formal, and also "Can I buy you a drink?" when she's holding one is a bit stupid.

I'm really not one for chat up lines like "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven" because I think they sound stupid.

What about a compliment? "Hey you look cute/pretty/hot in that dress" or "Hey I like that dress your wearing".

This all might sound stupid to most of you but as I said I'm a bit new to this and it's the only part where I stumble!!

So girls any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

hi

if you see a better girl while occupied with another:
        a)move *****, get out the way

b)raise up off these N-U-Ts
        cuz you gets none of these
        at ease

ReputationRep:
        You need to say something natural.. something that sticks out when you look at her.

Like her booty :yeah:

ReputationRep:
        A simple "Hi" honestly normally does suffice, but complimenting her is a good idea.
        For some reason, I think saying "I like your dress/hair" is less creepy than saying she looks "hot/fit".
        But I think they key is being able to carry on the conversation - if she says "Thanks" and turns back to the bar or walks away, then obviously, no chance. However, if she doesn't the just continue talking! Ask her what she's drinking or something, just talk!

The guys I end up chatting to are the ones who aren't too creepy and I WANT TO GET IN YOUR PANTS and are talkative and able to talk about unusual subjects.

ReputationRep:
        A smile will tell her what she needs to know. Make your way over near to her and stand with your friends and listen for a bit. She might look nice but you will know by the way she is talking to her friends if she is nice or not. Being near will give you an opportunity to join in with the girls' fun.

It's about having fun, not about having a girlfriend. If you go back a few times to the same venue you will probably see her again and again. If you get on then you have a friend. If she likes you she will want to go back to the same place. Don't rush. These things take time. And planning.

ReputationRep:
        Go find the Dating for Dummies book. It's bright yellow and black, but find the page that has "NEVER USE THESE LINES" on it, and keep the book open to that page.

Walk up to a girl BLATANTLY and hold the book up in front of your face so she can easily read the title. She might start laughing, depending on how you do it.

Then slowly lower the book and read the lines. "So... come here often" in a super player voice. She will crack up and answer you. Break your "smooth" look on your face and quickly bring the book back up and read the next line "What's your sign?". She will laugh again and probably answer.

Then say "Wow... this works great. Your turn". It puts her on the spot. You can flip to random pages and do tons of role-play...

Eventually just stack with a relationship related opener, and you're in.

say "are you single" then "so what about him hed be perfect for you" point to strange randomer maybe even laughingly drag her over like back in school.

say "ive got to go but you seem really cool, can i have your number"

ReputationRep:
        Say "I LIKE YOUR BIG TITS" in a loud voice.

Serious answer: the best method is to just walk past her on the way to the bar/toilet and just say "hey" and smile. Then don't look at her for 5 minutes. Then look up, catch her staring at you, and smile again then look away. (you should be having a natural looking conversation with your friends at this point, not sitting on your own with your hand in your pocket). Then wait for her to come over and chat you up. 90% of the time, she will. If she doesn't, then you didn't have a chance anyway. Simply repeat with a different girl (not from the same group, obviously).

You have much, much better odds of scoring if you can entice her to chat you up than if you do what every other guy does and just go up to her out of the blue and run some transparently phony scheme.

ReputationRep:
        Focus on greetings like "hey" and steer clear of phrases like "NICE TITS" and you should be good to go.

ReputationRep:
        A Hi and a casual smile is a start..
        but careful that you don't give her a freaky grin/smirk...

ReputationRep:
        Thanks for all your help.

Yeh I know you've got to say hi/hey and then smile, I meant the bit after!!

@lingamsusan - Yeh I understand, it's just a bit of fun. Obviously I only go up to girls I find attractive but after five minutes of talking to them 9/10 I don't see as "potential gf" material anyway!!

@balface - Cool I'll stay away from hot and fit then. Pretty/nice are better. I would use cute but it sounds too girly!

@py0alb - Does that really happen? Half of the girls I speak to seem a little on the shy side at first. Only a handful of girls have ever approached me, I think most just don't have the confidence. I'll definitely try it though :P

@robin22391 - Ok now that would work!! But I don't have the confidence to do it, or the book!

say "are you single" then "so what about him hed be perfect for you" point to strange randomer maybe even laughingly drag her over like back in school.

Really like that! Will definitely try it. Although if she says "no" then it could go awkward!

But yeh thanks a lot guys. :cool:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by AXR)
        Thanks for all your help.

@py0alb - Does that really happen? Half of the girls I speak to seem a little on the shy side at first. Only a handful of girls have ever approached me, I think most just don't have the confidence. I'll definitely try it though :P

But yeh thanks a lot guys. :cool:
        It's worked for me since I was at uni. It probably wouldn't work on girls younger than that, they're generally too shy.

Of course, your best chance to pull is to try it on with girls you've introduced yourself to previously and then "accidentally" bump into in the uni nightclub. You have to put in the groundwork with a whole number of girls in the week leading up to the coup de grace on Friday night.

ReputationRep:
        "FOREPLAY THEN INTERCOURSE?!"

lowercase

ReputationRep:
        'Want to squeeze my lizard?'

ReputationRep:
        "you F*ucking C*unt" works for me

ReputationRep:
        "Girl, I gotta be honest with you. The reason why I approached you is because I want to nail you."

ReputationRep:
        You: How heavy is a polar bear?

Her: I don't know... how heavy?

You: Heavy enough to break the ice, I'm [INSERT NAME]

Alternatively, strip naked and start slowly dancing towards her whilst pelvic thrusting and licking your lips.

(Original post by AXR)
          Hi this is my first post on this forum I recently turned 19, taking a gap year

Yeh basically I just wanted to get some ideas of what I can say to girls when I first approach them.

I haven't had a girlfriend since I was 17 and it was really getting to me as I was starting to feel a tad lonely lol, all my mates had gone to uni etc.

So recently I've just been going to girls in pubs, clubs anywhere really just for a chat. Some times it goes great, others not so well, but hey practice makes perfect and I feel as though I'm like 2 years behind everyone already so time to catch up.

I'm fine with the talking and holding a conversation, it's just the "opening line" that really gets me, SO GIRLS HELP ME OUT HERE.

I'm fed up of saying "Hi my names David" as it just sounds so formal, and also "Can I buy you a drink?" when she's holding one is a bit stupid.

I'm really not one for chat up lines like "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven" because I think they sound stupid.

What about a compliment? "Hey you look cute/pretty/hot in that dress" or "Hey I like that dress your wearing".

This all might sound stupid to most of you but as I said I'm a bit new to this and it's the only part where I stumble!!

So girls any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
          I've never taken a conversation with a girl further than just a conversation (except on here, where I've made one or two friends after conversing via PM), but the ways I initiate conversations are just little comments like 'you look a little chilly' if she's obviously freezing, or generic comments about the weather (the joys of being a smoker; you meet people outside). A good way to open a conversation is to have my lighter at the ready when a girl comes and gets a cigarette out, and offer it to her.

ReputationRep:
          How about just a simple 'you alright?'. Can normally tell by the reaction whether they are interested or not (e.g. if they are the will probably answer then ask you the same). Also, if they reject you completely, it's not as bad of a rejection because you haven't properly come onto her. Don't try to over complicate things by thinking of elaborate lines you could use.

ReputationRep:
          ''Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?'':sexface:

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.