Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what is different ambient temperature and room temperature?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidayah)
    what is different ambient temperature and room temperature?
    It depends on the context. If you are researching in the Antarctic then the ambient temperature will be rather cooler than Room Temp.

In general though you can take them as meaning the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Room temperature is given as 298K, ambient temperature is whatever the temperature actually is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    It depends on the context. If you are researching in the Antarctic then the ambient temperature will be rather cooler than Room Temp.

In general though you can take them as meaning the same thing.
    oooh the same thing,sometimes i'm confuse,
    really thanks charco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerbreadman85)
    Room temperature is given as 298K, ambient temperature is whatever the temperature actually is.
    can u give me example ambient temperature 'whatever the tempeartaure',is it like same 25 Celcius?

ReputationRep:
    for example, the ambient temperature in my lab is 21C, which is below standard room temperature.

Knowing if your ambient temp is the same as room temp is important (expecially this time of year) as it will throw off reactions. I've had ambients of 15C before and had to do "room temp" reactions in a heated water bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerbreadman85)
    for example, the ambient temperature in my lab is 21C, which is below standard room temperature.

Knowing if your ambient temp is the same as room temp is important (expecially this time of year) as it will throw off reactions. I've had ambients of 15C before and had to do "room temp" reactions in a heated water bath.

Oooh,Thanking muchly gingerbreadman,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.