Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird to go out with someone a foot shorter than yourself? Watch

Met this girl and we get on amazingly well, thing is shes 4 foot 11 inches and I am 5 foot 11, maybe a bit more.

She is sexy and my type but I am paranoid about this, partly due to what others think of us she is a skinny short girl, I am a tall chubby guy, other reasons for that is that she looks younger because of her height, i.e around 17 or 18 I would say at least if you just looked at her whereas I am 26 and look it(though people say I look a bit younger sometimes) She is just about 24

Only had a girlfriend once before so not sure what to expect I feel like I am being a bit creepy dating a short girl etc.

Either that or I am panicking before even doing anything!

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to get negged for this, but have you ever heard of the term 'walking blowjob'?

--EDIT: On a more serious note: it's been done before and it's not too bad. I highly doubt people will stop in the street, point, stare and then laugh at the two of you, so you can relax. Walk proud with the knowledge that you scored yourself a looker and can be the envy of all things with a penis. And at least she has the added advantage of being able to wear heels and still be shorter than you?

(Original post by doubledot)
    I'm probably going to get negged for this, but have you ever heard of the term 'walking blowjob'?

--EDIT: On a more serious note: it's been done before and it's not too bad. I highly doubt people will stop in the street, point, stare and then laugh at the two of you, so you can relax. Walk proud with the knowledge that you scored yourself a looker and can be the envy of all things with a penis. And at least she has the added advantage of being able to wear heels and still be shorter than you?
    didnt think of the heels! Yeah she is a looker, at least to me as she is a hot red haired girl and very very good looking, she thinks she is a little overweight but I cant tell.

We just "mesh" well as we are both at uni and have very similar interests like she is a amazing artist and loves to walk places to paint things like rivers or sunsets(so she tells me) and I am similar but instead of painting take photographs.

I was actually thinking that in a joking way, that if shes shorter she hasnt got far to bend down lol.

The only thing that really bothered me was she was only a inch or two off being a "little person"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    didnt think of the heels! Yeah she is a looker, at least to me as she is a hot red haired girl and very very good looking, she thinks she is a little overweight but I cant tell.

We just "mesh" well as we are both at uni and have very similar interests like she is a amazing artist and loves to walk places to paint things like rivers or sunsets(so she tells me) and I am similar but instead of painting take photographs.

I was actually thinking that in a joking way, that if shes shorter she hasnt got far to bend down lol.

The only thing that really bothered me was she was only a inch or two off being a "little person"
    Sorry, that made me burst out laughing. Not because it was funny, but just because. Also it's half past 4 and at this time, I find most things funny.

I'm 5'2 and my own mom is 4'11, as is my flatmate and pretty much my sister in law. So I may be bias when I say this, but.. Remember that good things come in small packages; tiny women are firecrackers and the smaller the glove, the tighter the fit. If you mesh well too and she makes you want to bump nasties, then I really don't see a reason for you to fret. It's probably just nerves. Relax and don't let it ruin a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Met this girl and we get on amazingly well, thing is shes 4 foot 11 inches and I am 5 foot 11, maybe a bit more.

She is sexy and my type but I am paranoid about this, partly due to what others think of us she is a skinny short girl, I am a tall chubby guy, other reasons for that is that she looks younger because of her height, i.e around 17 or 18 I would say at least if you just looked at her whereas I am 26 and look it(though people say I look a bit younger sometimes) She is just about 24

Only had a girlfriend once before so not sure what to expect I feel like I am being a bit creepy dating a short girl etc.

Either that or I am panicking before even doing anything!
    You are panicking before doing anything.

If you’re into her and she’s into you; that’s really all that matters. You should be able to tell anyone that has a problem with it to kiss your ass.

If you still have doubts, I would suggest reading doubledots’ post one more time as she really nailed it on this issue.

Sorry, that made me burst out laughing. Not because it was funny, but just because. Also it's half past 4 and at this time, I find most things funny.

I'm 5'2 and my own mom is 4'11, as is my flatmate and pretty much my sister in law. So I may be bias when I say this, but.. Remember that good things come in small packages; tiny women are firecrackers and the smaller the glove, the tighter the fit. If you mesh well too and she makes you want to bump nasties, then I really don't see a reason for you to fret. It's probably just nerves. Relax and don't let it ruin a good thing.
    You are correct doubledot.

I believe that my wife is about 4’11 but don’t know for sure as she’s sensitive to the issue and will not tell me nor let me measure her height.

I can also vouch for the fact that tiny women are like firecrackers. I’d rather be in a fight unarmed against some guy holding two chainsaws than even think about having a physical confrontation with her; I would undoubtedly win the fight but the cosmetic surgery (think skin grafts) I would require would probably take years.

As far as the “walking blow job”, “hasn’t got far to bend down” bits, they fall into the same category as “waist high and a flat head to set your beer on” type of thingy that while I see the humor in them, I have enough sensitivity and common sense to never say something like that to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooper6)

As far as the “walking blow job”, “hasn’t got far to bend down” bits, they fall into the same category as “waist high and a flat head to set your beer on” type of thingy that while I see the humor in them, I have enough sensitivity and common sense to never say something like that to her.
    Haha, actually, my mom would probably beat me senseless if she heard me say something like that. Even though she'd probably also be sniggering at how dirty that comment was. She can be worse than I am, which is saying a lot. Like I said: tiny women are firecrackers. Loving that you married one, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    It defo can be done and work long term - my partners parents are about that height gap and I don't think anyone has ever had much of a problem with it.... Its getting on well that counts not your height, age or anything else like that.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    im just over half a foot taller than my girlfriend and even then she feels tiny.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 4ft 11", look younger than my age, and my ex-bf and odd love interests have all been 5ft 10"+

Nothing wrong with it

ReputationRep:
    Haha, actually, my mom would probably beat me senseless if she heard me say something like that. Even though she'd probably also be sniggering at how dirty that comment was. She can be worse than I am, which is saying a lot. Like I said: tiny women are firecrackers. Loving that you married one, by the way.
    My mum is tiny and I have witnessed her verbally beat down fully grown men often, as well as lovingly beating up my rugby playing brother whenever he gets too uppity. The other day his facebook status was a slightly sexist joke so she hid at the bottom of the stairs, karate chopped him in the head when he passed and yelled "AND YOU'LL BE GETTING THAT EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU LEARN SOME RESPECT".
    OP, my ex boyfriend was 14 inches taller than me at 6ft 4, I wouldn't worry too much!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.