Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

buy an ipad now or wait for ipad2 ??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really want an ipad now. but someone said ipad will be cheaper ..
    Is that ture ?

ReputationRep:
    iPad 2 or PlayBook, both of which will have much higher specs than the current iPad.

ReputationRep:
    don't buy, it's nearly done it's round and there should be an update within the next few months.

ReputationRep:
    The new one is likely to be announced in January then released around April time - however it is very unlikely that it'll be cheaper, it'll probably be the same price you'll just get more features for your money.

ReputationRep:
    Or buy a phone?

ReputationRep:
    I really dont understand how it is so popular? I have a laptop that I can word process and use the internet to procrastinate when I should be revising (hey like now). If I wanted to look like a pretentious noob on a bus, I would sit there with a pipe and holding something by Jane Austin very high so that everyone can see. Remarkably cheaper and a lot less frustrating when it breaks after a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    I really dont understand how it is so popular? I have a laptop that I can word process and use the internet to procrastinate when I should be revising (hey like now). If I wanted to look like a pretentious noob on a bus, I would sit there with a pipe and holding something by Jane Austin very high so that everyone can see. Remarkably cheaper and a lot less frustrating when it breaks after a year.
    It's not that big at all, so surely some people like the idea of a bigger ipod touch, without the hassle of carrying around a laptop.
    Apple just saw a gap in the market, and it seems to have worked, as every other company are bringing out tablet pc's now. (I'm not saying that there weren't tablets before, but they're alot more popular now)

ReputationRep:
    I'd certainly wait if it were my decision- I'd be annoyed if I bought it now, and then there was a better one released very soon after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I'd certainly wait if it were my decision- I'd be annoyed if I bought it now, and then there was a better one released very soon after.
    I know! at least with apple if you're within the 14 (or 30?) day returns policy they will let you switch the older item with the newer item.

Galaxy Tab,

'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ritchie888)
      Galaxy Tab,

'Nuff said.
      Ooh, a new chocolate bar!

ReputationRep:
      If they can somehow get flash on iPad 2 then it is definitely worth the wait.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by marcusmerehay)
      Or buy a phone?
      I got iphone4 already..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ritchie888)
      Galaxy Tab,

'Nuff said.
      I had considered Galaxy .. its too small

ReputationRep:
      Definitely wait, the new one should be out in Q1 2011 so you'll regret it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by patrickbaby2010)
      I had considered Galaxy .. its too small
      THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 11111111

*pants frantically*

ReputationRep:
      There is gonna be a slew of tablets in 2011.
      Apple are gonna address some of the severe shortcomings of the iPad with it's successor. Google have showed snippets of the Honeycomb operating system that will run on the majority of tablets released next year. Then you have the Blackberry Playbook, and even Windows tablets.

Plenty to come. You would be stupid to buy an iPad now.

ReputationRep:
      There will probably be a new iPad out next year, but if you like the current model then why not buy now ?

ReputationRep:
      Had a galaxy tab for 2 weeks, its not too small, in fact when im using it i wonder how an iPad is practical. iPlayer and media experience is bluddy amazing.

(im not an apple hater, i have an iPod and Macbook Pro if youre wondering)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by G8D)
      Both are equally useless.
      Infinity Blade on Ipad, U MAD

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.