Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's wrong with Linkin Park!? watch

ReputationRep:
    L.P was one of my favorite Band.
    but recently I heard the new album "A Thousand Suns"!
    It's so strange! Fill with Electronic music confuse the vocal.
    The music become so Mechanical; very not real, how do u feel!?

ReputationRep:
    The have like, 2 decent songs. But other than that, they are just not very good.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's still great. They've changed their style a bit from albums like minutes to midnight. Not sure what you mean by "very not real" though.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda agree. I understand they were never going to make a new hybrid theory, but they could have made something new and innovative without making it quite so poppy. Look how the Deftones progressed from one masterpiece to another very different masterpiece in going from around the fur to white pony for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emarosa)
    The have like, 2 decent songs. But other than that, they are just not very good.
    I like their old songs just lile Numb and My Dcember & Somewhere I belong!

ReputationRep:
    I listened to their new stuff the other day and were like "WTF"....

Give me a classic bit of Hybrid Theory/Meteora anyday though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolarElephant)
    I think it's still great. They've changed their style a bit from albums like minutes to midnight. Not sure what you mean by "very not real" though.
    Not real means 2 more "Electronical"
    That cause the music just like comper made,don't have emotion.
    The reason I like that is the powerful vent and strong tension. I can't agree with use Electronical music to in place of them!

ReputationRep:
    They are good, it's just that a lot of their music sounds too similar. And I'm so tired of hearing "Crawling" now due to the amount of youtube amvs made to appeal to emos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I listened to their new stuff the other day and were like "WTF"....

Give me a classic bit of Hybrid Theory/Meteora anyday though...
    what a real advice !
    Give back my L.P!!! SDDD

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Untitled (In the End demo) by Linkin Park.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the way Mike says: ''Try to catch up motha*****'' and'' I'm not the same person telling you to forfeit the game''in 'When they come for me'. ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I kinda agree. I understand they were never going to make a new hybrid theory, but they could have made something new and innovative without making it quite so poppy. Look how the Deftones progressed from one masterpiece to another very different masterpiece in going from around the fur to white pony for example.
    thx for ur nice analysis! I think they want do more different type music,but they are trying!
    Hope someday they can make some cool music!

ReputationRep:
    Hybrid Theory and Meteora were great. Their new albums in my opinion suck, but if you like them - who cares what people think.

ReputationRep:
    I hope they play their old stuff at Download next year, I really didn't like their new sound when I heard it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    I hate the way Mike says: ''Try to catch up motha*****'' and'' I'm not the same person telling you to forfeit the game''in 'When they come for me'. ¬¬
    don't be angry with that!
    If they do the good music,the people will like that.
    If they just can shout. ppl will let them shut out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcessNeo)
    I hope they play their old stuff at Download next year, I really didn't like their new sound when I heard it.
    that's right many ppl wants old things ^^

ReputationRep:
    Nu Metal. 'Nough said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuckoo91)
    Hybrid Theory and Meteora were great. Their new albums in my opinion suck, but if you like them - who cares what people think.
    I like olds very much!
    I just want they can make some good music,not care others opinon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34 Sam Huang)
    L.P was one of my favorite Band.
    but recently I heard the new album "A Thousand Suns"!
    It's so strange! Fill with Electronic music confuse the vocal.
    The music become so Mechanical; very not real, how do u feel!?
    They've sold out. They've changed from a nu-metal band to a dance-techno band.

It's because they're popular; chavs and commoners push them to change - and they do because they want to make money instead of good music. The same thing happened with Muse. A lot of 'Absolution' I would (controversially) label within the progressive metal genre - the best genre there is IMO, yet their latest album shouldn't even be classified as rock.

Was never a massive fan of LP (although I do like Hybrid Theory). However, I have a friend who's a huge fan of their first 2 albums, when they were essentially a metal band. He saw them live after the 'Minutes to Midnight' album - when they changed their sound - and he said that most of the people there were chavs who were complaining about the 'loud mosher music', who were completely clueless that this was the original Linkin Park.

Point proven: their priority of making good money over good music has been exposed. 'Tis the folly of many a popular band.

ReputationRep:
    Linkin Park are amazing, and their new album is just as good as their previous ones IMO.

When They Come For Me (a fantastic song, btw) was addressed to the people they knew would be whining about "ehh but it's not HYBRID THEORY:"

I am not the fortune and the fame
    Or the same person telling you to forfeit the game (In other words, they've changed.)
    [...]
    Cos' once you have the theory of how the thing works
    Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first

They just went in a new direction - and rightly so, or they'd sound old and played out. Wretches and Kings, Burning in the Skies, The Catalyst and Waiting for the End, to name a few, are great songs. I don't think people give ATS enough of a chance.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.