Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OMG!! what are the chances of getting a driving test cancellation before xmas??? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    folks

my test was scheduled for 22nd dec, and i just got a letter sayign it has been cancelled and moved to 20 jan. i really wana do it next week or the week after.

what do you reckon my chances are of getting a cancellation before xmas? same as any time of year or better?

omg im sooo annoyed ive been having lessons since last jan and realllyylylyl wana pass before xmas

ReputationRep:
    Do what my instructor did; ring the test centre and make up some excuse (e.g. I think he used an operation?). I think they keep some tests spare for situations like that....

ReputationRep:
    just keep looking and be flexible about your test centre and something will come up.

ReputationRep:
    nooooo i can only use my local one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Do what my instructor did; ring the test centre and make up some excuse (e.g. I think he used an operation?). I think they keep some tests spare for situations like that....
    lol no im not gonna lie, im just gonna keep checking online. but do you think the chances of canlcellations are the same greater or less than for any other time of year?

ReputationRep:
    Keep checking for cancellations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    Keep checking for cancellations.
    duh!!

do you thnk the chances of getting one are greater or less near xmas than any other time of year?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a given due to the weather at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarlsberg)
    I think it was a given due to the weather at the moment.
    my test was for the 22nd???!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and the weather is meant to get even worse. It'd probably be better for safety reasons to have your tests rescheduled. I honestly cannot comment on that though seeing as I am neither a driving instructor or weatherman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiirk)
    Be harder for cancellations, because so many are in the situation YOU are in right now.
    i know this sucks soooo bad! i so badly wanted to pass before 2010 was finished. anyone know if they close between 24 Dec and 10 Jan for a full 2 wks?

ReputationRep:
    Mines tomorrow, i rang the test centre on monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    Mines tomorrow, i rang the test centre on monday.
    wow man, good luck.

do you think i have a better chance if i ring the centre directly or just searing online?

ReputationRep:
    Omg!

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your time phoning the Test Centre. The Examiners have nothing to do with booking the tests, they just conduct them. The most usual reason for putting back test dates is staff shortages.

What's so important about taking your test before Crimbo? Is Santa coming down the central heating flue with a car in his sack?

ReputationRep:
    harder for cancelations - lots of students coming back from uni who want to take their test at home + theres been a lot cancelled recently due to the weather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victormeldrew)
    Don't waste your time phoning the Test Centre. The Examiners have nothing to do with booking the tests, they just conduct them. The most usual reason for putting back test dates is staff shortages.

What's so important about taking your test before Crimbo? Is Santa coming down the central heating flue with a car in his sack?
    haha i wish, i dont even have a car. though i have my eye on a SMART car, which would probably fit!

no it was my 2010 new year resolution to learn to drive, i just want it out of the way. i guess your right about the staff shortages. thanks.

(Original post by Callypygian)
    harder for cancelations - lots of students coming back from uni who want to take their test at home + theres been a lot cancelled recently due to the weather.
    yeah i guess your right. this sucks. im gonna check DSA on the hour every hour until i get one. those examiners are real morons.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be flexible about test centre, if you know how to drive then you can do them all. If I hadn't had that flexibility I'd have never passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    folks

my test was scheduled for 22nd dec, and i just got a letter sayign it has been cancelled and moved to 20 jan. i really wana do it next week or the week after.

what do you reckon my chances are of getting a cancellation before xmas? same as any time of year or better?

omg im sooo annoyed ive been having lessons since last jan and realllyylylyl wana pass before xmas
    http://www.drivingtestcancellations.co.uk/

This. I got one within two weeks within the first few days of downloading it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    wow man, good luck.

do you think i have a better chance if i ring the centre directly or just searing online?
    I would do it as the women i spoke to said that it is all based on the forecasts.. I asked if they cancelled with heavy snow she said yes, then light snow/frost was a maybe depending on the conditions. Its fine tomorrow so im all good, but i only knew a few days ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.