Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We're putting together a series of economics blog resources to support students preparing for the Unit 585 exam in Feb 2011. Here is the link if you'd like to add these to your revision materials:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/C540/

Jim

p.s. we're updating our Facebook page the second new revision resources are added www.facebook.com/tutor2u

ReputationRep:
    that great!

ReputationRep:
    what date is the exam? Feb 1st?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeharvey)
    what date is the exam? Feb 1st?
    ye m8

ReputationRep:
    I havent got a mock to do its annoying. need to do some serious revision starting from now!. do you know any suitable mock papers?

ReputationRep:
    *bump*

How are people feeling about this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateibbo)
    *bump*

How are people feeling about this exam?
    i am majorly rutting about it. i've done a fair amount of work, so i just hope it all goes fine....what about you?

ReputationRep:
    i have my notes to go over yet! doing marco economic performance, then i'll move on to trade and integration! then rest, then tomorrow, do questionssss. havn''t reallly done much stuff relationg to case study :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    i am majorly rutting about it. i've done a fair amount of work, so i just hope it all goes fine....what about you?
    I'm fairly confident, I just need to concentrate on not rambling and getting facts from the case study down on paper.

The only issue I have is remembering roles of IMF.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly confident, I just need to concentrate on not rambling and getting facts from the case study down on paper.

The only issue I have is remembering roles of IMF.
    all that economic surveillance stuff..i don't know it particularly well, so a 20 marker on that would be just awful. i dont think it would be though, hopefully integration.

ReputationRep:
    all that economic surveillance stuff..i don't know it particularly well, so a 20 marker on that would be just awful. i dont think it would be though, hopefully integration.
    Oh it definitely won't be a 20 marker on IMF. It'll be a 4 or 6.

I reckon the 20 marker will be on integrating the Caribbean countries and how it'll help get them out of a recession, or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to this!

What do we all think the best chapters to focus on are? Trade and Integration surely?

ReputationRep:
    Economic Development, Integration and Trade I reckon are the main topics to focus on.

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    I found that exam went well The only question I sort of struggled on was 1c about APC states or something. Pretty much just wrote everything down I could think of on that question, rather than one point for and against.

ReputationRep:
    I found that exam went well The only question I sort of struggled on was 1c about APC states or something. Pretty much just wrote everything down I could think of on that question, rather than one point for and against.
    wow impressive!

yeah a lot of people at my school said that was the trickiest. i was a bit puhsed for time on number 3, i got a lot of counter arguments in, but didnt really get to evaluate my arguments. i ended up saying the integration is better due to all the benefits for small economies and said something about one of the drawbacks not being likely to happen. i thnik in general it went pretty shocking for me though. both comment on questions i didn't really hit level 4a at all really. stupidly lost marks on q1 by saying that the ToT was imports/exports - oh well only worth two marks.

ReputationRep:
    wow impressive!

yeah a lot of people at my school said that was the trickiest. i was a bit puhsed for time on number 3, i got a lot of counter arguments in, but didnt really get to evaluate my arguments. i ended up saying the integration is better due to all the benefits for small economies and said something about one of the drawbacks not being likely to happen. i thnik in general it went pretty shocking for me though. both comment on questions i didn't really hit level 4a at all really. stupidly lost marks on q1 by saying that the ToT was imports/exports - oh well only worth two marks.
    I strugged on 1 c too! I also realised i could've put down teh terms of trade equation but i didn't. I kinda found teh last question tricky because of reigonal eco integration :/ i didn't know what diagram to draw either, so i through in a keynsian eocnomists diagram of AS supply and started talking bull. I doub't i got more than 30 marks in this paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    I strugged on 1 c too! I also realised i could've put down teh terms of trade equation but i didn't. I kinda found teh last question tricky because of reigonal eco integration :/ i didn't know what diagram to draw either, so i through in a keynsian eocnomists diagram of AS supply and started talking bull. I doub't i got more than 30 marks in this paper.
    a diagram isnt strictly needed i think - stuck in a tariff diagram to show trade creation. you could have put so many different diagrams. oh well hopefully the grade boundaries will be slightly lower this year!

ReputationRep:
    a diagram isnt strictly needed i think - stuck in a tariff diagram to show trade creation. you could have put so many different diagrams. oh well hopefully the grade boundaries will be slightly lower this year!
    I doubt it, not many found it difficult in my school. :/

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I don't think I did properly in the last question was arguing my points because I focused on benefits like it said. Obviously I went and said HOWEVER blah blah bad blah blah. If only it had been the drawbacks, I would have aced that last question.

I think boundaries will be same as last year. Most of the people in my year loved the paper and there's over a hundred of us XD

Hope everyone did well. I'm personally only looking for a B in this paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.