Hi I have a work experience placement at a Muscloskeletal clinic on Monday and was wondering what sort of questions should I be asking ? Or what sort of questions are appropriate to ask. Also Is it acceptable to take notes sort of thing? I won't look too geeky or anything ?? Haha
Physiotherapy Work Experience Placement Watch
- Thread Starter
- 09-12-2010 11:37
- 10-12-2010 20:22
I'd ask about notes - while I think they could be useful I could see some patients misinterpreting it if you're not careful and thinking it was a breach of confidentiality. The clinic should be able to advise though.
Is it private or NHS? This may influence the sort of questions you ask. If NHS then off the top of my head:
1) What are the commonest issues with the patients?
2) Do they self-refer or come from doctors?
3) Do they run any classes (e.g. back pain etc)
4) Who do they refer onto - other NHS clinics?
5) tretament modalities used - do they have access to a hydro pool etc?
6) What are the non-physio related issues - e.g. patients with psychological or social issues and how does that affect things?
7) What difference do NICE/other guidelines make?
Do try and get some experience/do some reading on other areas of physio too - it'll look better at interview if you know about respiratory, neuro and community stuff at least