Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a work experience placement at a Muscloskeletal clinic on Monday and was wondering what sort of questions should I be asking ? Or what sort of questions are appropriate to ask. Also Is it acceptable to take notes sort of thing? I won't look too geeky or anything ?? Haha
    Thankyou!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask about notes - while I think they could be useful I could see some patients misinterpreting it if you're not careful and thinking it was a breach of confidentiality. The clinic should be able to advise though.

Is it private or NHS? This may influence the sort of questions you ask. If NHS then off the top of my head:

1) What are the commonest issues with the patients?
    2) Do they self-refer or come from doctors?
    3) Do they run any classes (e.g. back pain etc)
    4) Who do they refer onto - other NHS clinics?
    5) tretament modalities used - do they have access to a hydro pool etc?
    6) What are the non-physio related issues - e.g. patients with psychological or social issues and how does that affect things?
    7) What difference do NICE/other guidelines make?

Do try and get some experience/do some reading on other areas of physio too - it'll look better at interview if you know about respiratory, neuro and community stuff at least

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.