Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why don't penises go wrinkly during sex? Watch

Please keep anon; I don't want my boyfriend to know that this is what I'm thinking about during sex :rolleyes:

Right, you spend to long in the bath/swimming pool/washing up and your hands and toes go shrivelled up and wrinkly. It's a given, you sort of begin to expect it.

However, when having sex without a condom, you'd expect a similar sort of result for the penic based on what state the girls bits are in, but that doesn't seem to happen, even if you're going at it for quite some time.

I know that the concentration of water molecules is significantly lower, but I'd still expect some shrivelling. Anyone know why?

Yes, I know this is a really stupid question; but the mind does wonder

Ooops. Didn't proof read.

ReputationRep:
    Because a penis is very different from toes.

ReputationRep:
    Because he has the horn :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Because the pork soldier is standing to attention during intercourse. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    My penis don't go wrinkly during sex bebbe :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Never really thought about it before but some parts of the body just don't go wrinkly, toes and fingers do in the bath but nothing else does, penises don't go wrinkly in the bath. And only really the finger tips and the tops of the toes go wrinkly when you're in the bath for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking too much is one of the problems of our human race LOL even though most of us actually think rarely...when we actually do think it has to be something like this

ReputationRep:
    Pictures of shrivelled penises in my mind

CANNOT UNSEE. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Erect0r obviously?

(Original post by Jarlsberg)
      Because a penis is very different from toes.
      Oh damn.... so it shouldn't look like a big toe and thumb combined? ... hmmm to find the number for the local doctors....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mr Incredible)
      Oh damn.... so it shouldn't look like a big toe and thumb combined? ... hmmm to find the number for the local doctors....
      No....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Please keep anon; I don't want my boyfriend to know that this is what I'm thinking about during sex :rolleyes:

Right, you spend to long in the bath/swimming pool/washing up and your hands and toes go shrivelled up and wrinkly. It's a given, you sort of begin to expect it.

However, when having sex without a condom, you'd expect a similar sort of result for the penic based on what state the girls bits are in, but that doesn't seem to happen, even if you're going at it for quite some time.

I know that the concentration of water molecules is significantly lower, but I'd still expect some shrivelling. Anyone know why?

Yes, I know this is a really stupid question; but the mind does wonder
      LOL

oh you are funny. let's see

* less excess skin
      * less water to absorb/there is no standing water

ReputationRep:
      OP, try just dunking your finger in water repeatedly, and see how long it takes to go wrinkly . . . .

ReputationRep:
      :lol:

ReputationRep:
      OP your such a bell end.

ReputationRep:
      Newsflash: they don't shrivel up in the bath either.

ReputationRep:
      best question ever.:laugh: OP you are a genius.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by emilina)
      OP, try just dunking your finger in water repeatedly, and see how long it takes to go wrinkly . . . .
      This be the answer ye lookin' for.

I might get myself some warm apple pie too.

ReputationRep:
      Because osmosis only happens from different concentrations. Female lubricant contains salts and other things which makes the concentration gradient much lower. Also skin around the penis isn't taut like it is around the hands and toes it is elastic and designed to expand and contract to accommodate getting an erection so it wouldn't shrivel anyway.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.