Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Embarrassing - spots (but not) Watch

Anon/delete.

Lately I've been getting lots of "spots" like on my forehead. They are like large hard lumps that appear and they're often red and sore. Sometimes when i get them in other places (like on the side of my head) they're not noticable but most of them appear on my forehead... they are blindingly obvious, especially if I knock them whilst drying my hair they might bleed and then they "bruise" and then they'll eventually go.

They don't get a head on them/have pus etc, they just literally appear as hard lumps and so on. And they're not obvious :rolleyes: ...they're REALLY obvious. And it's not very nice to look at (for me to see) and I'm pretty sure it's not helping me in the 'getting a girl' department!

Anybody else got a problem like this and what they do about it?

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting a lot on my cheeks lately, even though I've rarely ever had them there before. Usually when I got spots it'd always be around my chin/nose. Sucks

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about them. They should go eventually. I personally had a bad time with spots when i was between 13-14. But thats just to do with hormone changes. Also. Nowdays i usually get spots on the "guttering" on my chin (bit between your bottom lip and chin), whereas i used to get them all over my forehead like you have mentioned.

TL;DR Don't worry about them!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor only prescribed treatment will have any effect

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like acne if they're not coming to a head - might mean they're deeper under the skin. Like somebody else suggested, see if you can get prescribed some form of antibiotic cream or tablets

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.