Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After dating for a year and a half, my ex tells me 7 months ago that she doesn't think we were compatible and we should break up. A few months before that, she admitted that she still had some feelings for her ex but I forgave her and decided to give her another chance, which is why, I was, as you can imagine, incredibly distraught when she dumped me.
    I didn't take it well at all and was horrible and mean to her in the month after our breakup. I even tried to get with another girl as a rebound, to show my ex that I was over her(I know, extremely immature behaviour which I'm not proud of). She wanted to continue being friends but well..I couldn't and screwed it up. A few months later, around October I think, I started getting feelings for my ex again. I asked her if she would consider getting back and she said 'I might have considered getting back if you had changed as a person but the way you treated me after our breakup; I can never fall for you again. Please don't text me again, I don't want to have to change my number because of you'. So thats it yeah, I stopped talking to her completely.
    Today, out of the blue, she texts me 'Hey how you been?'So we have a decent conversation through texts though, just the usual how are you, what you upto etc etc. She then starts telling me about her life. I asked her if she was seeing anyone. She says 'No'. I mean, maybe I'm thinking things too far here, but why would she get in touch with me if she was so fed up with me that was considering changing her number to avoid me? Could she want to get back? Is she missing me?

ReputationRep:
    bump

I don't think she wants to get back. Probably just feeling bad that she was a bit harsh to you and wanted to check how you were doing.

ReputationRep:
    hello

ReputationRep:
    Don't get your hpes up mate, to be honest, alot of people, after a breakup, like to test the waters to see if they still have their "safe" option, if all is not going to well in finding a new partner

you definatly don't want to be a lap dog that runs back to her whenever she snaps her fingers...

i truly believe if she was THAT into you, she will make it happen

you see, it's normal for guys to be the ones that are elusive and generally have a dont give a **** attitude towards the relationship after a breakup, and it's usually the girl that holds on to the tatters that are left....

it's the girls job to 'chase up' the relationship and see if it can work, the same way it is a general rule that boys approach the womens...ofcourse there are exceptions to this rule...

i hope that made sense, im incredibly tired and don't have much weed at he mo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    Don't get your hpes up mate, to be honest, alot of people, after a breakup, like to test the waters to see if they still have their "safe" option, if all is not going to well in finding a new partner

you definatly don't want to be a lap dog that runs back to her whenever she snaps her fingers...

i truly believe if she was THAT into you, she will make it happen

you see, it's normal for guys to be the ones that are elusive and generally have a dont give a **** attitude towards the relationship after a breakup, and it's usually the girl that holds on to the tatters that are left....

it's the girls job to 'chase up' the relationship and see if it can work, the same way it is a general rule that boys approach the womens...ofcourse there are exceptions to this rule...

i hope that made sense, im incredibly tired and don't have much weed at he mo!
    lol @ the weed comment..i don't understand what you're saying mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabebrit)
    After dating for a year and a half, my ex tells me 7 months ago that she doesn't think we were compatible and we should break up. A few months before that, she admitted that she still had some feelings for her ex but I forgave her and decided to give her another chance, which is why, I was, as you can imagine, incredibly distraught when she dumped me.
    I didn't take it well at all and was horrible and mean to her in the month after our breakup. I even tried to get with another girl as a rebound, to show my ex that I was over her(I know, extremely immature behaviour which I'm not proud of). She wanted to continue being friends but well..I couldn't and screwed it up. A few months later, around October I think, I started getting feelings for my ex again. I asked her if she would consider getting back and she said 'I might have considered getting back if you had changed as a person but the way you treated me after our breakup; I can never fall for you again. Please don't text me again, I don't want to have to change my number because of you'. So thats it yeah, I stopped talking to her completely.
    Today, out of the blue, she texts me 'Hey how you been?'So we have a decent conversation through texts though, just the usual how are you, what you upto etc etc. She then starts telling me about her life. I asked her if she was seeing anyone. She says 'No'. I mean, maybe I'm thinking things too far here, but why would she get in touch with me if she was so fed up with me that was considering changing her number to avoid me? Could she want to get back? Is she missing me?
    This.

Like I said don't get your hopes up, just because she texted you and she's single doesn't automatically mean she wants you back, she MIGHT, but I think there is some wishful thinking involved....

I broke up with my girl earlier this year, after 6yrs 6 months, she dumped me and I decided I wouldn't contact her, because there was no point...

she texts me from time to time, at first I thought "She's still thinking of me! she must still have feelings for me!" but that's only half true, yes she cares, but only to the extent that she wants to find out that im doing ok and my life is going well...it's annoying because Im not bothered if she "still cares", im more concerned whether she loves me...but they are 2 totally different thinges, and as the dumped we are always going to want to think they are one in the same...

girls are weird, after a breakup they still like to check up on you, and us guys mistake this for them wanting to gt back with us :rolleyes:

like I said, nobody on this board knows for sure, she might actually want you back, but until you are sure of this, I wouldn't make assumptions, because it could blow up in yoyr face and get hurt again...which will undo any sortof progress you have made in "getting over" her...

I apologise for my terrible terrible grammar this morning...I didn't even bother to spell check but hopefully it's not too bad! blame my dealer for not providing me my ounce...and blame my dissertation for turning me into a zombie

ReputationRep:
    she probably does like you man..but just for the short-term

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.