The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roh
No unconditional offer holders, ie. school class of 2011. If you're conditional, so doing your A levels in a couple of months, then you will hear about what accommodation you've got once you've confirmed your place (by meeting your offer conditions in August) and then get sent an accommodation offer soon afterwards. For a lot of people the accommodation offer, address etc. is when it all starts to seem real.

Ohhh, so I won't find out until I've actually got into the Uni? And the people that have offers for accommodating right now are those with unconditional offers? Okay Cheeeeeers :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37000627']:woo:
Just got an email - Nixon Court, block A :biggrin:

Woo! Block C here! What year will you be in and what are you studying? :smile:
Original post by inspiration91
Woo! Block C here! What year will you be in and what are you studying? :smile:

I am(/will be) a postgrad, doing an MA in Museum Studies :smile:

What about you? :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37125874']I am(/will be) a postgrad, doing an MA in Museum Studies :smile:

What about you? :smile:

Oh cool! I've done a year and a half of medicine at King's, but I'll be starting Biological Sciences in Oct! Very excited! :smile:
Reply 384
Just got the email!!!! Nixon court Block G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by inspiration91
Oh cool! I've done a year and a half of medicine at King's, but I'll be starting Biological Sciences in Oct! Very excited! :smile:

Cool :smile: Yeah, I'm super excited. I've been at Durham for the last three years, and although I love it there, I'm looking forward to being somewhere a bit bigger! (and I'm from London, so being a bit closer to home will be nice too).
Original post by penguin610
hey guess what?! I'm your flat mate!

i got my accommodation offer a few days ago, and I'm in room A haha :smile: nice to meet you

I'm room D! It's gonna be so awesome :biggrin:
Original post by HannahGodfrey92
I'm room D! It's gonna be so awesome :biggrin:

Its quite cool I've met a room mate on TSR :O
Reply 388
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've firmed Leicester and am applying for accommodation, but I'm unsure of two different accommodation types in John Foster.

What's the difference between a Premium Plus Ensuite Room and Premium Plus Flat? I was thinking of going for ensuite, but I just want to find out what premium plus flat is before I confirm it.
Reply 389
Original post by LeCal
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've firmed Leicester and am applying for accommodation, but I'm unsure of two different accommodation types in John Foster.

What's the difference between a Premium Plus Ensuite Room and Premium Plus Flat? I was thinking of going for ensuite, but I just want to find out what premium plus flat is before I confirm it.

Premium plus are, majoratitively, in the JoFo Pavillions (covered in wood, blue and green, like Premier Inn inside. If you've been on an open day you've seen them). Essentially Prem+ have a full size room as their ensuite, not just a retrofitted pod; the room itself is likely to be a bit bigger and (in JoFo) you'll be in a 'cluster' round the kitchen rather than along a corridor. At JoFo Premium rooms are in The Coppice which is mainly gap year students and all self catered.

Premium has a retrofitted pod bathroom but is different to standard as it has recently been refurbished (new furniture, carpets, kitchen stuff etc.).

Hope this helps.

I've lost track of how many times I've answered that, the uni really should explain the difference better,
Reply 390
Original post by roh
Premium plus are, majoratitively, in the JoFo Pavillions (covered in wood, blue and green, like Premier Inn inside. If you've been on an open day you've seen them). Essentially Prem+ have a full size room as their ensuite, not just a retrofitted pod; the room itself is likely to be a bit bigger and (in JoFo) you'll be in a 'cluster' round the kitchen rather than along a corridor. At JoFo Premium rooms are in The Coppice which is mainly gap year students and all self catered.

Premium has a retrofitted pod bathroom but is different to standard as it has recently been refurbished (new furniture, carpets, kitchen stuff etc.).

Hope this helps.

I've lost track of how many times I've answered that, the uni really should explain the difference better,

Aha, that helps a lot, thanks!
Reply 391
Hi everyone! I have recently firmed my unconditional offer for medicine! Looking forward to start!!! Just a few quick questions..
How do I get the student ID required to apply for accommodation?
What is the most popular accommodation for medics? (it's not that I want to be with medics only, but it would be nice to live with someone doing the same course/having the same timetable!)
Thanks!
Reply 392
Original post by DoNoHarm
Hi everyone! I have recently firmed my unconditional offer for medicine! Looking forward to start!!! Just a few quick questions..
What is the most popular accommodation for medics? (it's not that I want to be with medics only, but it would be nice to live with someone doing the same course/having the same timetable!)
Thanks!

Not sure about the ID, ask in the current applicants thread.

All of the halls at Oadby have plenty of medics, it's a big course, but probably most in JoFo. However don't worry about that too much, you get Introweek at which LUSUMA put on loads of events for you to meet other medics without anyone else there, culminating in the PJ bar crawl, so don't worry about meeting other medics.
Reply 393
Original post by roh
Not sure about the ID, ask in the current applicants thread.

All of the halls at Oadby have plenty of medics, it's a big course, but probably most in JoFo. However don't worry about that too much, you get Introweek at which LUSUMA put on loads of events for you to meet other medics without anyone else there, culminating in the PJ bar crawl, so don't worry about meeting other medics.

Thank you so much! Do you happen to know when introweek takes place? Is it at the same time as the normal freshes' week or before? Because on the university website it says that term 1 starts in october, but in my offer letter it said on september 24th.. so maybe that's the week? thanks!
Reply 394
Thank you so much! Do you happen to know when introweek takes place? Is it at the same time as the normal freshes' week or before? Because on the university website it says that term 1 starts in october, but in my offer letter it said on september 24th.. so maybe that's the week? thanks!

Traditionally Introweek has been the week before normal Freshers, with all medics in one set of accommodation for that week. Then during normal Freshers' medics are in normal lectures, though so are a lot of other subjects by the end of the week, just try and stay strong through the hangover!

I can't imagine why they'd have moved Introweek to run parallel to main Freshers' but you can always ask once there's an official medic freshers' 2012 group up on Facebook.
Reply 395
Original post by roh
Traditionally Introweek has been the week before normal Freshers, with all medics in one set of accommodation for that week. Then during normal Freshers' medics are in normal lectures, though so are a lot of other subjects by the end of the week, just try and stay strong through the hangover!

I can't imagine why they'd have moved Introweek to run parallel to main Freshers' but you can always ask once there's an official medic freshers' 2012 group up on Facebook.

Okay thanks for the info! very helpful!
Thanks!

Heyhey!

You get your student ID with the email that they send you. And I'm a medic fresher too and just confirmed my JoFo offer. I heard JoFo was pretty popular with medics too and I know of another medic fresher living on the floor just below me as well.
Reply 397
Original post by penguin610
Heyhey!

You get your student ID with the email that they send you. And I'm a medic fresher too and just confirmed my JoFo offer. I heard JoFo was pretty popular with medics too and I know of another medic fresher living on the floor just below me as well.

Hello! I was actually thinking about JoFo myself! Hopefully I'll get that or something close to it! Student ID in the email? I'm sorry I must be blind but I can't see it anywhere in my offer email.. where should it be? thanks!
Reply 398
Hey! I'm filling in my accommodation application and can't decide my last choice. Premium single - self catered at Beaumont or GMS? what's best?
Reply 399
Hey! I'm filling in my accommodation application and can't decide my last choice. Premium single - self catered at Beaumont or GMS? what's best?

Both will be in separate houses dotted around the grounds so very similar can't think of any major differencees.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending