The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
I've been allocated a room in Spinneys House in Jofo!

Does anyone know what it's like?
How many people are there to a kitchen and bathroom, are they big or small?
Also is there a freezer in the kitchen?

I'm quite excited :biggrin:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by whotosee
I've been allocated a room in Spinneys House in Jofo!

Does anyone know what it's like?
How many people are there to a kitchen and bathroom, are they big or small?
Also is there a freezer in the kitchen?

I'm quite excited :biggrin:

I can't check from the online system:mad:
Reply 522
Original post by ray_charlene
I can't check from the online system:mad:

Oh no :frown: Is the page not loading? What course are you doing :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by whotosee
Oh no :frown: Is the page not loading? What course are you doing :smile:

It says
''We are currently experiencing a high volume of users on our online accommodation system.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.''
I'm so nervous because my friend has already been given a room in Opal (Yes my first choice is Opal as well :smile: )
I'm doing Law :colondollar:
Any one else in Mary Gee Houses? I'm in block M, ground floor, room 4!
I am. Block KK however.
If I reject an offer of accommodation on the ground of it being unsuitable, will they generally offer a new place based off of my last application or do I have to get in touch with them?
... I'm kind of new to this whole thing but I really don't want to pay for catered. I'm a terribly picky eater. :tongue:
Original post by 88 movement
I am. Block KK however.

Ahhh we will be neighbours at least!

Original post by kleptomaniac
If I reject an offer of accommodation on the ground of it being unsuitable, will they generally offer a new place based off of my last application or do I have to get in touch with them?
... I'm kind of new to this whole thing but I really don't want to pay for catered. I'm a terribly picky eater. :tongue:

I called them for a similar reason , I'm vegan and love to cook so had a bit of a panic when they put me in catered! There's no self catered in Oadby (well that's what they told me but dont quote me on it !), but there were self catered in Mary Gee and the Grange =]
Hey, I'm having second thoughts about accomodation and i wondered if someone could help me out..

I'm going for catered firstly.. i like the idea of beaumont blocks where there are 10 up and 10 down, i like the idea that you can sort of have a comfort zone in the first couple of days with your blockmates, and maybe even find your best friends within your block- i'm pretty outgoing and friendly so i'd imagine i'd branch out eventually but the idea of having that comfort zone is nice..

Thing is i've actually got an offer for GMS (lasdun catered) and i'm thinking of switching just because i like what i've heard from people that have lived in beaumont. Has anyone got any advice as to why i should stick with GMS? are my concerns unfounded, is GMS similar anyway?

plus i'm fairly outgoing but i hate the idea of being stuck with a bunch of "lads", which is why i'm being put off a bit from the stories i've heard people tell about GMS.
Reply 529
Original post by Tridentus
Hey, I'm having second thoughts about accomodation and i wondered if someone could help me out..

I'm going for catered firstly.. i like the idea of beaumont blocks where there are 10 up and 10 down, i like the idea that you can sort of have a comfort zone in the first couple of days with your blockmates, and maybe even find your best friends within your block- i'm pretty outgoing and friendly so i'd imagine i'd branch out eventually but the idea of having that comfort zone is nice..

Thing is i've actually got an offer for GMS (lasdun catered) and i'm thinking of switching just because i like what i've heard from people that have lived in beaumont. Has anyone got any advice as to why i should stick with GMS? are my concerns unfounded, is GMS similar anyway?

plus i'm fairly outgoing but i hate the idea of being stuck with a bunch of "lads", which is why i'm being put off a bit from the stories i've heard people tell about GMS.

You will get 'lads' wherever you go, particularly now they no longer ask for preference of quieter or louder, no one controls where the rugby boys are :tongue:

Which part of GMS are you in?
Original post by roh
You will get 'lads' wherever you go, particularly now they no longer ask for preference of quieter or louder, no one controls where the rugby boys are :tongue:

Which part of GMS are you in?

thanks for the prompt reply..

lasdun FX bottom floor? to tell the truth i only visited beaumont on my open day, haven't got a clue why i put GMS first pick.

do you know how many people to a block and how the blocks end up working in GMS? i just know full well that a couple of weeks in i'll be loving partying with randoms, etc. but just for that first couple of days where the nerves are still there i'd rather have a group of people i can huddle for safety with :smile:
Reply 531
Original post by Tridentus
thanks for the prompt reply..

lasdun FX bottom floor? to tell the truth i only visited beaumont on my open day, haven't got a clue why i put GMS first pick.

do you know how many people to a block and how the blocks end up working in GMS? i just know full well that a couple of weeks in i'll be loving partying with randoms, etc. but just for that first couple of days where the nerves are still there i'd rather have a group of people i can huddle for safety with :smile:

That'll be easier in lasdun than it would be in Beaumont, as the blocks are split into flats of 5 or 6 (I think). In terms of sociable nature within the block it seemed very similar to Beaumont (where I was) judging from people I knew there. Being bottom floor it will be all guys in your flat

I stayed there for a week at one point and the rooms are pretty decent, bit more recently renovated than Beaumont though the outside is somewhat errrm distinctive.
Original post by roh
That'll be easier in lasdun than it would be in Beaumont, as the blocks are split into flats of 5 or 6 (I think). In terms of sociable nature within the block it seemed very similar to Beaumont (where I was) judging from people I knew there. Being bottom floor it will be all guys in your flat

I stayed there for a week at one point and the rooms are pretty decent, bit more recently renovated than Beaumont though the outside is somewhat errrm distinctive.

lol. cheers, you're been helpful. i might just call up for beaumont anyway just in case just because if i have a gut feeling about it why not right? but you've definitely settled my mind if there aren't vacancies so thanks!
Original post by pepper_pie
I called them for a similar reason , I'm vegan and love to cook so had a bit of a panic when they put me in catered! There's no self catered in Oadby (well that's what they told me but dont quote me on it !), but there were self catered in Mary Gee and the Grange =]

Huh. It's weird that they gave the option for it... but maybe all the self-catered spots have been taken up then? That was quick!
Thanks for letting me know. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pepper_pie
Ahhh we will be neighbours at least!

Did she say there is none left or none what so ever? If the former, perfectly understandable, if the latter a damn right lie.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Did she say there is none left or none what so ever? If the former, perfectly understandable, if the latter a damn right lie.

Ah hah I guess I miss phrased my self ! I never did claim to be doing an english based subject!
On their accomodation page:

Changing Your Offer

We understand that if you are not offered your first choice of accommodation that this may cause some initial disappointment. Unfortunately it will not always be possible to transfer your offer to a different room before the start of the academic year. During the weeks leading up to the start of term our priority is to get all the thousands of applicants into rooms and all rooms will therefore be taken up by this process.

If you are unhappy with the accommodation that has been offered to you we will do our best to transfer you to an alternative room.

Once the term has begun, it is inevitable that some students will not arrive to take up their residency, or will leave early, and this will create vacancies. However it is not possible for us to predict in advance how many vacancies will appear, or at which sites they will become available.
If you wish to be considered for a room transfer you should accept the accommodation that has been offered to you and then complete a Transfer Request Form, which will be available from the Accommodation Office after the start of term. Should a suitable vacancy become available we will contact you immediately.
Reply 537
I'm in Nixon, Block H, any neighbours???
Reply 538
Anyone know what Rosenfels House is like? How its set out etcc.. i'm in a premium single there so was wondering how many people id be living with and what my room would be like before i accept my offer...
Reply 539
Original post by roh

Quoting you because you're awesome/grabbing your attention.

I got my offer of Beaumont Hall which i'm pleased. But where abouts is Block 7? I've been there a few times and I can't for the life of me figure out which building it is and I was hoping you would know :colondollar:

Thanks!

I just realised a PM would've been better to grab your attention, bleh.

Quick Reply