Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

English! :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Cool :smile: No idea what to expect from the accommodation though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't even find any pictures of it, so i'm feeling a little concerned!
Here's one I found ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400229256.993908.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh, it actually looks pretty nice!
I got an offer for Kent House aswell! :biggrin: Im in room 9 I think :tongue: I was hoping there was going to be like a facebook page for our house but I couldn't find anything :/
Yay, there's a little group forming here! :smile: same, I just ended up on here hoping I'd find people! :smile:
Im so glad I found this! I was freaking out that I couldn't find any pictures and that I got my 4th choice accomodation :/ but Im glad Im not the only one ;p
Do you know how many people are actually meant to be in Kent house? so far there's only us 3 :biggrin:
Same! :') Haha, glad I'm not the only one! I think it's meant to be quite a few, an earlier poster said 16 :smile:
Ohh thats good then! we should get a variety of people if there's 16 of us :biggrin:

Does anyone know if this is a single-sex house??
Here's hoping! I'm 99% sure it's mixed :smile:
Reply 1271
Heyyy... ive got catered ensuite at GMs. Just wanted to know what the accommodation is like and how the food is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1272
Original post by emma2095
I only really know of John Foster, there's Bowder Court in GMS which offers self catered ensuite but I think that these are more expensive! I'm currently living in an catered ensuite room in GMS, so feel free to ask any questions! ������

Heyyy... ive got catered ensuite at GMs. Just wanted to know what the accommodation is like and how the food is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before anyone thinks of taking a room at CODE know first that many people have had issue with it this year. I've lived there and had nothing but problems. On the front they seem like a great place to live, great company, as the rooms are big, comfy, etc etc, but for starters they started building next to the current building around January. There was no warning this was gonna happen, we weren't told before we moved in, but it started and hasn't stopped since, going from 7am every morning Monday to Saturday. It's ridiculously noisy, especially in exam period, and when it's warm (and trust me those rooms get uncomfortably warm) and you open your window the noise gets ridiculous.
They flat out lied on their advertising about how near the universities they are (I actually emailed ASA about this and they've withdrawn it since, a note is going to go on the ASA website on the 28th May). They're actually a 25 minute walk from University of Leicester, not 10 as it previously said on the advertising.
Generally on the surface they look like a good company, but before you decide to move in just look at some reviews first.
Heyy, I am currently just about to finish my first year at University and I live in Beaumont Halls so if you have any questions then I would be happy to help :smile: ... I also know a little bit about Digby and I am catered if anyone has any queries about being catered :smile:
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
Heyy, I am currently just about to finish my first year at University and I live in Beaumont Halls so if you have any questions then I would be happy to help :smile: ... I also know a little bit about Digby and I am catered if anyone has any queries about being catered :smile:

Hey would you happen to know annything about the accomadation rooms in the Beaumont house itself? (how big they are, if there nice, if its sociable, etc). Also what are the common areas like in Beaumont house, are there quiet study areas?
Original post by Liz4444
Hey would you happen to know anything about the accommodation rooms in the Beaumont house itself? (how big they are, if there nice, if its sociable, etc). Also what are the common areas like in Beaumont house, are there quiet study areas?

I have never been in Beaumont house itself but I would assume the rooms would be of a standard size, also Beaumont is a very social place to be in Oadby but it does depend on who you live with, I'm in a block and there are about 30 girls upstairs and about 25 guys downstairs.

People do tend to study around Beaumont bar area which can be quiet but other times not so much. You should be ok in your room to study though and also during exam period there is a 24 hour no noise policy which is currently happening. I find studying in my room fairly quiet :smile:
Is Gilbert Murray Stamford split between sexes? Gilbert Murray for women and Stamford for men?
Reply 1278
Heyyy, are you at gms hall ?
Reply 1279
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Is Gilbert Murray Stamford split between sexes? Gilbert Murray for women and Stamford for men?

Heyyy are you at gms too ?

Quick Reply

Latest