University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys!
I'm a future first year international student from Canada, for law :smile:
I'm moving to Leicester with my friend, and we both got into Shirley House but we can't find anything about it ANYWHERE?
Anyone got any info? :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hey!
I'm moving to Leicester with my friend, and we both got into Shirley House but we can't find anything about it ANYWHERE?
Reply 1282
Original post by Emily9990
Hey!

Hey there!

I am also from Canada going for Law in September. I am actually staying in my own flat really close to the UNI.

I have a bunch of friends who have went or are finishing there. They have given me soo much info and help. Let me know if you need to know anything.

Where in Canada are you from? I am in Calgary
Original post by Emily9990
Hey Guys!

As far as I know, it's catered and at least some of the rooms are ensuite, its fairly big and if you google (at least on google.co.uk) 'Shirley house oadby' its the first picture to come up
http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/oadby-student-village/gilbert-murray-and-stamford-1/images/Shirley%20House.jpg/view
Theres a big patch of grass out the back, and its near the big Lasdun block, and close to Jofo out the front, and near a post box.
I know girls living there, but not sure if guys do too
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Is Gilbert Murray Stamford split between sexes? Gilbert Murray for women and Stamford for men?

no.
some blocks/houses are single sex, some are mixed, across both sites
Original post by rosiesaurus
no.
some blocks/houses are single sex, some are mixed, across both sites

How do you find out which is which? Is Kent House single or mixed?
Original post by Id and Ego seek
How do you find out which is which? Is Kent House single or mixed?

Theres no way of telling except to find housemates on facebook
This year Kent is mixed, probably will be next year cause its pretty big. It may change depending on boy/girl numbers and number of people who request to be in single sex
Hey everyone! I'm going to be studying at Leicester for the first semester starting in September but I will only be there until December as I am a study abroad student from Miami. I have a room in beaumont hall but it's like everything I find online is vague and I'd love to hear more personalized opinions on the hall! Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1288
Original post by Jennifer Brown
I'm in Digby at the moment and it isn't as bad as everyone makes out - there are twenty six people in my block, so as you can imagine, it's incredibly social which kinda makes up for the lack of facilities - like a dining room!

It's split into houses and blocks - four being all male residences. The rooms are generally okay, they aren't massive but to be honest most people don't spend a lot of time in them anyway.

The blocks don't have a common room, or a large kitchen in which everyone can meet (as they are catered) but the foyer works for most of us.

Though some of people I live with didn't have Digby as their first choice of accommodation, all have said that they wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I would recommend, if possible, that you visit all of the residences. You'll know which one is for you just by seeing it. In the meantime if you have any questions about the accommodation, or about the University in general, don't hesitate to ask.

:smile:

P.S. I have pictures of my room and the foyer if you want to see what they are like?

Hey I've been allotted Digby Hall Inglewood..I'm wondering how it's going to be.. Any tips?
Reply 1289
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
Heyy, I am currently just about to finish my first year at University and I live in Beaumont Halls so if you have any questions then I would be happy to help :smile: ... I also know a little bit about Digby and I am catered if anyone has any queries about being catered :smile:

Hey I've been allotted Digby Hall Inglewood for this Sept.. I'm clueless on how it looks and the facilities..
Reply 1290
Original post by Bazinga94
Hi everyone,
I haven't seen all the comments before but I watched this thread last year and am now getting notifications that this thread is quite active.
I am a first year in Digby Hall and I absolutely love it there so I advise you to apply for Digby Hall if you can, it's honestly the best value for money block (if it's still the same price as it was when I applied last year!). It's also the closest to ASDA which is honestly more of an issue than you think as you will probably be making a lot of trips to there at random times so it helps to be close.
All of my friends who live in different blocks have said it is the nicest block they've seen and I agree with them.
If you have any questions then feel free to message me or reply to me on this thread :smile:

Hey I'm from Singpore & will be staying at Digby from this Sept.. Do you have any pictures of the rooms??
Reply 1291
Original post by daisys17
Hi, just been offered digby hall, my first choice ahhh, all seemingly becoming much more real the fact that I will be there in such a short period of time!! So was just wondering anyone else in digby hall for next year? :smile:

Yeap me!! .. I'll be staying at Inglewood :smile:
Original post by oke186
Heyyy... ive got catered ensuite at GMs. Just wanted to know what the accommodation is like and how the food is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I currently live in catered ensuite in GMS! Where aboutsshs have you been offered? The rooms are much bigger in the older blocks and in most cases double that of a room without the ensuite! Most of the blocks have also started on a refurb, the food is good as long as you are not a fussy eater! There's always a cooked breakfast every morning and dinner has 3 options with one being vegetarian.
Feel free to ask anymore questions hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 1293
Original post by emma2095
Hi! I currently live in catered ensuite in GMS! Where aboutsshs have you been offered? The rooms are much bigger in the older blocks and in most cases double that of a room without the ensuite! Most of the blocks have also started on a refurb, the food is good as long as you are not a fussy eater! There's always a cooked breakfast every morning and dinner has 3 options with one being vegetarian.
Feel free to ask anymore questions hope this helps! :smile:

I've been allocated to Wistow House, any idea as to what it's like? Is it mixed? Single sex ? How far is the accommodation from the uni ? What's the room like ? What time do they serve dinner ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oke186
I've been allocated to Wistow House, any idea as to what it's like? Is it mixed? Single sex ? How far is the accommodation from the uni ? What's the room like ? What time do they serve dinner ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! I live in Wistow House now! Do you know what room you have been allocated? The rooms are quite large compared to others in GMS, Wistow is all female and is adjoined to an all boys house Withcote next door 26 live in the house 12 on ground and first floor and 2 on second, the accomodation is opposite john foster you'll definitely need a bus pass or a bike allow about half an hour to make it to lectures. As for the room it has a single bed, built in large wardrobe, bedside table, desk, shelves pin board and bathroom as well as a desk chair and a padded chair breakfast on a weekday is from 7-9:30 and 12-1 at weekends, dinner is at 5-7 on a weekday and 5-6:30 on a weekend.
Any other questions :smile:
Reply 1295
Original post by emma2095
Wow! I live in Wistow House now! Do you know what room you have been allocated? The rooms are quite large compared to others in GMS, Wistow is all female and is adjoined to an all boys house Withcote next door 26 live in the house 12 on ground and first floor and 2 on second, the accomodation is opposite john foster you'll definitely need a bus pass or a bike allow about half an hour to make it to lectures. As for the room it has a single bed, built in large wardrobe, bedside table, desk, shelves pin board and bathroom as well as a desk chair and a padded chair breakfast on a weekday is from 7-9:30 and 12-1 at weekends, dinner is at 5-7 on a weekday and 5-6:30 on a weekend.
Any other questions :smile:

I'm on the 1st floor, room 20. What about you ? You're the first person I've found that's in the same block as me lol. What course are you studying? What's the social life like ? Is there a kitchen/ common room? I don't know what else to ask lol 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1296
Anyone in Wardens Lodge? Also does anyone know how big the rooms are and whether it's same sex or mixed? Thank you! C:
Original post by Vianka001
Hey everyone! I'm going to be studying at Leicester for the first semester starting in September but I will only be there until December as I am a study abroad student from Miami. I have a room in beaumont hall but it's like everything I find online is vague and I'd love to hear more personalized opinions on the hall! Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have just finished my year of living in beaumont hall and have loved it!! blocks 1-5 are ensuite and blocks 6,7,8 are shared bathroom, and it's all catered :smile: hope this helps! if you have anymore questions, just ask :smile:
Hey Guys!
I'm a student, coming all the way from dubai to study Medical Physiology and i have a couple of questions. (:
I'm really interested in living in Beaumont Halls but i do perefer self catered rooms. Are the self catered rooms sort of excluded from the majority of the people? Also my second choise is the Nixon Court. Some people say that its kinda antisocial... Any helpful comments would be appriciated! Cheers guys! (:
Hey would you happen to know anyything about the rooms in the Beaumont house itself and old court rooms, especially standard twin? Also what are the common areas like in Beaumont house, are there quiet study areas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending