Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better, BPP Law School or Westminster, for job prospects?

ReputationRep:
    what uni.com has reviews. i doubt there are many universities that don't offer a 'solid legal education', yet some people might make out that a student cant have a good legal career if they go to an 'ex-poly'. the top firms employ from a wide range of universities, although the majority of employees come from 'good' universities. civil sets tend to take on people from top unis and in criminal it's different. the top sets take on people from a wider range of universities.

once a barrister or solicitor how well you do in law is in your hands, Michael Mansfield's a good example. there are trends - the top students go to places like UCL and they tend to do well there, and tend to be employed by top firms. that's not to say someone is at a disadvantage because of the university they attend - providing they do well. A levels are important in most graduate applications.

westminster have a better choice of modules than BPP, although BPP offer the degree over two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose1786)
    Which one is better, BPP Law School or Westminster, for job prospects?
    What jobs are you looking to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering which uni is the best of the two, to gt into a good law firm doesnt have to be a magic circle one or anything. I got ABC for my alevels.

ReputationRep:
    Very hard to say really because BPP is such a new law school. I suspect that the teaching and careers support are extremely good though, its a very professional operation, unlike most traditional unis.

IMO you should probably make your decision more based on lifestyle than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    I suspect that the teaching and careers support are extremely good though, its a very professional operation, unlike most traditional unis.
    Agreed. Also agree that it depends on what you want from uni - the student lifestyle (traditional unis) or a fast-track to the LPC and employment (BPP).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.