Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why won't anyone ever chose me? Watch

Whether it's with friendsor boys or family or teachers or any person i know,
    I always have to do LOTS more stuff than anyone else to even get a little bit of attention or to let them be aware of my existence...
    with friends..If there's 2 or 3 of us I'm always the one dissed..
    like the other day i fell out with a friend and i told my other friend to not to talk to her or at least not mention what she does with her when she's with me..just for respect but she doesn't care about it at all.
    same with boys..I felt sorry for a girl who just came to England ad didn't know a word of Englsh or anybody and was pretty freaked out about everything..so I was mega-nice (which i regret) i became friends with her,taught her evrything gained her confidence,now the guy i like askes HER out.
    same with family,teachers and everyone..

I mean i know i'm this excellent superbeing but I'm not a horrible monster.
    I'm always so nice to people.
    I can't trust ANYONE in not leaving me.
    i guess that's all i need.respect,love trust.

ReputationRep:
    chill out and stop trying to please people

ReputationRep:
    'chose'?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you give off an '**** off' look without noticing, or perhaps you're just unlucky.

Always look on the bright side of life chaps

ReputationRep:
    You need to start looking after number 1, number 1 being you!! Put yourself first stop being so available and I bet you will get more respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    same with boys..I felt sorry for a girl who just came to England ad didn't know a word of Englsh or anybody and was pretty freaked out about everything..so I was mega-nice (which i regret) i became friends with her,taught her evrything gained her confidence,now the guy i like askes HER out.
    WHAT THE ****??? You said it like it's her fault, why don't you ask yourself why didn't he choose you. Stop winning (yeah, maybe that's one of the reason why he asked her out instead of you)

ReputationRep:
    You might be a super human being but nobody likes a people pleaser except when they need something. Lets be honest, we don't really make friends based on how nice a person is to us (within reason). It's because we see traits that we like in that person and we aspire to be at least a little like that person. My closest friends all have their unique traits, one's really funny, another one i can ramble on to and he'll listen to me and another one I have a lot of things in common with him so i talk to him about those things. Examine yourself and find something you like about yourself, I guarantee there is one thing. Improve on that and try to show it to other people (without being a show off). I'm not a comedian or anything but i found i can make some people laugh and I think they wanted to be friends with me because they find me fun to be around (though they're not my true friends, well they are, but not my closest.)

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    You are needy

"chose me" :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    stop being so bloody self-intrested, or attention seeking. maybe if you do something nice for someone else you'll get this attention you so badly crave

ReputationRep:
    I kinda know how you feel :console:. Similar happens to me too :sigh:. It kinda sucks, but you've just got to shrug it off :dontknow:. It's impossible to get everybody around you to like you, no matter how you are, but you shouldn't really need that anyway. Just be content with the friends who do appreciate you for you, and forget about other people who don't, as they're not really worth wasting your energy worrying about.

ReputationRep:
    be less nice.

ReputationRep:
    That's just the way life is for some people. :nopity: Stop acting like you give a **** so much or get some better friends.

ReputationRep:
    U smell?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably the minger of the group.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.