Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

My names Amy-Lynne i currently study access to HE in law and criminology at The Manchester College

I sent my UCAS application off and it was processed on the 25/11/2010, just wondering how long i will have to wait to recieved replies?! or will it just vary?

i have applied to the following:
    University of Manchester
    UCLAN
    Edge Hill
    Reading
    Plymouth

my choices are in order of preference above! cant wait to hear from them, ive had 4 out of 5 acknowledgements to say they are processing my application

out of all 3 essays i have done so far i have recieved 3 distinctions, I also did a 20 minute presentation today, worth 6 credits and gained a distinction in that too!

would be great for some advice on questions above!

Thanks

Amy-Lynne

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I sent my UCAS off on the 9/11/2011....... got an offer from Leicester just this week.

Coventry (backup choice) gave me an offer within 10 days of applying and I have heard nothing out of my other choices.

Take a look at this link for average waiting times:

http://ucas.com/about_us/stat_servic...s/decisiontime

Seems like just over a month is about average.

ReputationRep:
    In contrast to BigV, I sent my application off on the 15th October and have yet to receive any offers.

I've got an interview at Cambridge (received late November) and an interview and test at Southampton (received early november, date confirmed this week). Would be nice to have something a bit more concrete, but it certainly seems that the more competitive the universities that you apply to, the longer you'll need to wait for a decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Take a look at this link for average waiting times:

http://ucas.com/about_us/stat_servic...s/decisiontime
    I'd never seen that list before. Interesting data - and it would seem that, based on that data, that I should be expecting offers any day now (have been waiting 55 days by my quick calculations)...

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer!

University: Plymouth
    Course: law
    Date Application sent to UCAS: 25th nov
    Decision: Conditional Offer
    Offer Conditions: minimum of 33 credits at merit and/or distinction
    Your Reaction: Very pleased a's it's my first offer! Not my first choice but still very happy! I'm already on 15 credits at distinction so it's all good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomU)
    I'd never seen that list before. Interesting data - and it would seem that, based on that data, that I should be expecting offers any day now (have been waiting 55 days by my quick calculations)...
    I notice that Warwick is one of your choices , they will probably invite you for an interview sometime end of february and will let you know the result end of march/begining of april they do make you wait...

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm from Germany and i plan to apply to University in England for 2012.

There is something I don't understand though: The UCAS closing date is 15 January, isn't it? So how come some of you have already gotten offers? I thought the Unis could only send out offers after the closing date?

Thanks xoxo
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meike)
    There is something I don't understand though: The UCAS closing date is 15 January, isn't it? So how come some of you have already gotten offers? I thought the Unis could only send out offers after the closing date?
    All applications received before 15th January are given equal consideration. That said, most universities like to get started sorting through them so there's not too much to do after the deadline. They have a lot of experience in knowing how many offers to give out at what point in the year so I wouldn't worry about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.