The Student Room Group

Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'bullies taunt he spoke too politely'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It's a crazy world. I've just read on mydeathspace about a girl who hung herself aswell - she was bullied because she didn't know enough things about sex (she was 12) and they called her a lesbian...
Ok question - can bullies get sued or arrested in any way?
Original post by Student#254
It's Yorkshire. Enough said.

Oh and why are you posting this on here? No one really cares to be honest.

Natural selection at work...Only the strongest will survive and all that stuff!

wow almost 100 neg reps in ONE post. This, This is Madness!?
Original post by Bongboy6969
black kids don't get bullied..

.black kids are the cool kids in school, whilst it's the white and nerdy that get excremented on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09XQLmBNrCo

he wouldn't have spoken like a gay if he was black...another bi product of being white and nerdy....

EDIT: Im joking for the misinformed, im not racist like this white and nerdy fool! :tongue:

RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible tragedy. I won't be surprised if these bullies become 'naturally selected' to be sent to prison, where they belong. If they haven't learnt that what they've done is wrong now, they never will, and they will become detrimental to society.
Reply 84
Original post by Student#254
It's Yorkshire. Enough said.

Oh and why are you posting this on here? No one really cares to be honest.

Natural selection at work...Only the strongest will survive and all that stuff!

woahhh 99 neg reps that's probably the most I have seen and deservedly so.
My nephew knew him, he was a very talented rugby player. It's absolutely awful and his mother was already a widow. It's so sad. How can a 12 year old be so depressed.

R.I.P x x x

Original post by Amuroray

If there was a massive war,these guys would be killed first.
what a weak,pathetic child.
Pussy

You disgust me, what an absolute disgrace. That is a person you are talking about. You make me sick.
Reply 86
Okay, fair enough, it's from the Daily Mail. Fair enough, things may well be blown out of proportion, or taken out of context, or whatever. My parents get the Mail every day, I can't really bring myself to read it.

But I think the fact of the matter is a young boy has hung himself, and regardless of whether it was or wasn't a product of said bullying, it is still a very sad story.

Too many people ranting and raving about pointless little things.

R.I.P. Little man. x
Reply 87
Original post by balloon_parade
My nephew knew him, he was a very talented rugby player. It's absolutely awful and his mother was already a widow. It's so sad. How can a 12 year old be so depressed.

R.I.P x x x

You disgust me, what an absolute disgrace. That is a person you are talking about. You make me sick.

A very weak person doenst derserve the right to live.

Com on it wasnt even bad bullying.He needed to toughen up.But he couldnt and broke down a little weakling he is.

Com on it wasnt even bad bullying.He needed to toughen up.But he couldnt and broke down a little weakling he is.

Go away Troll.
Reply 89
Original post by balloon_parade
Go away Troll.

Reply 90
Original post by thunder_chunky
It's terribly sad when a person kills themselves because of bullying.
I think both the bullies and the parents ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Teenagers usually don't speak to their parents about "childish" problems like bullying, or even worse, parents often don't pay much attention or don't take it serious enough, especially the parents who were not bullied at school.

Original post by Broderss
What a great loss this young white child will be to this country. The school minsters should be ashamed of themselves. Bullying is a real problem and needs to be put a stop to. Why do teachers allow bullying to take place?

What can the teachers do to stop the bullying?! How could they know how serious stuff really are?!
Reply 91
What? He killed himself just because of that?

Probably wouldn't have handled life anyway if that's the case.
Reply 92

You have no idea what it was... neither do I, but how can you say what it felt for him? Were you bullied at school?
Reply 93
Original post by Broderss
What a great loss this young white child will be to this country. The school minsters should be ashamed of themselves. Bullying is a real problem and needs to be put a stop to. Why do teachers allow bullying to take place?

W-w-w-what???!?

Relevance? At all?
Reply 94
Original post by jiayi930829
This shows that education should start to focus more on building up one's emotional strength and mental well-being. He should have been taught how to deal with bullying. It is tragedic to see how such an apparently happy child is suffering through so much internally.

And even worse, the bullies are also young children who are likely to be suffering from things of their own and in need of help themselves, and Bradley's death, like Shelly-Louise wrote, would likely to haunt them for the rest of their lives. I really don't think it was wise to remind them of their guilt, they are children with emotional weakness too, who might have never imagined things would end up this way.

Tragedy. May his soul rest in peace.

How can you teach on to cope with bullying?

You are right about the bullies, they really need psychological help now.

However, I can't find any method to avoid bullying in any case. You need to work with both sides in a very serious way and most of the kids won't cooperate the way needed for the methods to help.
Reply 95
Original post by Yawn11
What? He killed himself just because of that?

Probably wouldn't have handled life anyway if that's the case.
I don 't think so...

I tried to kill myself because of bullying when I was 13. Now I think I am much stronger and can cope with problems in life pretty well.

Some people just need the right help in the right time, or at least before it's too late. Unfortunately, it is hard to catch the right time. :frown:
Reply 96
the bullies parents should be shot, its all there fault. not raising there child to respect other people. its a disgrace
South Yorkshire? Figures, doesn't it? Unless it was North Yorks...

Bullies are awful. But they don't realise. If you're having a good time, it's difficult to see past that and into what the person is feeling. Obviously I'm not sticking up for them, but they didn't kill him. He did it himself. I've been 'taunted' for being 'posh' and I haven't killed myself and it wasn't just a bit of teasing either. If people accuse the bullies of being murderers (as I can foresee them doing), they should take a good long time to think about making that accusation.
Reply 98
Original post by Kathy89
I don 't think so...

I tried to kill myself because of bullying when I was 13. Now I think I am much stronger and can cope with problems in life pretty well.

Some people just need the right help in the right time, or at least before it's too late. Unfortunately, it is hard to catch the right time. :frown:

Yes it's unfortunate.

But my rational mind finds it quite silly/stupid to kill yourself or even attempt to over bullying.

The smarter individuals tell their parents, or tell a teacher or leave the school! Because they know life's too short.

There was a time a period where people attempted to bully, but I never took it and I stood my ground, eventually they back off and give respect.

I pity people that commit suicide, and I don't pity them for the right reasons.
Reply 99
Original post by Yawn11
Yes it's unfortunate.

But my rational mind finds it quite silly/stupid to kill yourself or even attempt to over bullying.

The smarter individuals tell their parents, or tell a teacher or leave the school! Because they know life's too short.

There was a time a period where people attempted to bully, but I never took it and I stood my ground, eventually they back off and give respect.

I pity people that commit suicide, and I don't pity them for the right reasons.

What if parents and teachers don't help or even make things worse (like in most cases) and you can't leave school because you need your parents to arrange your moving to another school...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending