Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In women, does being fat necessarily mean one is ugly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This talk of fat acceptance is *******s.

I think society knows that fat necessarily means ugly, in women at the least (and perhaps in men too). i think fat women who are on the dating scene should bear this in mind, they're towards the bottom of the dating totem pole.

ReputationRep:
    No but using the word 'one' makes you sound like a complete ****.

Jus'sayin'

ReputationRep:
    Most women are quite podgy.

(relative to men)

ReputationRep:
    Being overweight doesn't automatically make you ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#254)
    No but using the word 'one' makes you sound like a complete ****.

Jus'sayin'
    OK, so you're a student and you don't know that people have different styles of writing? Who is the ****?

ReputationRep:
    No, I love me a fat chick, man. More cushin for the pushin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    Being overweight doesn't automatically make you ugly.

Yes it does. In Western society, fat women are at the bottom of dating desirability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    OK, so you're a student and you don't know that people have different styles of writing? Who is the ****?
    I always thought that 'one' was confined within essay writing. Language moves on, you have to move with it, or you will look weird. Using 'one' in everyday speech sounds forced. You're of African ethnicity, so I should stay well away from using it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, define 'fat'?

coz some people think Christina Hendricks is fat, and it was recently on the news that she finds it impossible to find things to wear on the red carpet because designers always say she's too large, but tbh I think she's stunning. . .

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think fatter people are generally more unattractive than someone with a healthy figure, but not necessarily ugly, so to speak. For example, a fat person with a pretty face will be more attractive than a slim woman with an ugly face. For example, Dawn French is a lot more attractive than Jennifer Saunders (in my opinion) but she's SO much bigger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Yes it does. In Western society, fat women are at the bottom of dating desirability.
    Are you talking about fat in general, or just obese?

ReputationRep:
    Being fat doesn't necessarily mean ugly but then losing the pounds can make huge difference to someone's looks because they can suddenly become very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    Sorry, define 'fat'?

coz some people think Christina Hendricks is fat, and it was recently on the news that she finds it impossible to find things to wear on the red carpet because designers always say she's too large, but tbh I think she's stunning. . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    being fat doesn't necessarily mean ugly but then losing the pounds can make huge difference to someone's looks because they can suddenly become very attractive.
    this is the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Attractiveness is subjective, and personally I don't find fat people attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Alison Hammond is ugly.
    Probably because she doesn't have a fat face.

ReputationRep:
    What would you define as 'fat'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Christ)
    Attractiveness is subjective, and personally I don't find fat people attractive.
    This.
    What we find attractive is a biological response to 'healthy' (producing healthy children) and masculine/feminine. Men respond to those women who appear to be most fertile, and an unhealthy lifestyle is the opposite of that, which is why almost nobody finds it attractive.
    Obviously, it's not exclusive to women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krebs)
    Thank you for that ever so intelligent reply. . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    Well, I think fatter people are generally more unattractive than someone with a healthy figure, but not necessarily ugly, so to speak. For example, a fat person with a pretty face will be more attractive than a slim woman with an ugly face. For example, Dawn French is a lot more attractive than Jennifer Saunders (in my opinion) but she's SO much bigger.
    Jennifer Saunders is actually quite pretty. So is Dawn though. Awh, I miss French and Saunders.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.