Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon please

So basically I'm at my wits end here and don't know what's best to do.

I live in a shared flat with my boyfriend and his brother so getting your own space can be a bit hard to say the least, even more so if there's an argument (which there usually is). More to the point, I seem to be left to do everything. Hoovering, cleaning the bathroom etc. Sure the boyfriend helps out if I ask, but should I really have to?

His brother on the other hand, is doing my head in.
    His room (his own space that won't be touched) is filthy
    He does nothing to help with cleaning, he barely does his own dishes.
    He is the laziest, most selfish person I have ever come across, and the only reason I'm living here is because for some crazy reason I agreed to live with him, and the lease runs out at the end of January.

I could find out about accommodation with my uni? but the closing date was November 21st, I'm worried there won't be anything.

Just generally don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    How about you and your bf go into private accommodation (renting)
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Well to be fair to your boyfriend at least he does it when asked, maybe get him to have a word with his brother, but really if he chooses to live like that then I doubt there's much you can both do.

(Original post by KJ21)
    How about you and your bf go into private accommodation (renting)
    That's what were currently doing. Sorry if that wasn't made clear.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Well to be fair to your boyfriend at least he does it when asked, maybe get him to have a word with his brother, but really if he chooses to live like that then I doubt there's much you can both do.
    I've tried, he's just not cooperative. He's the kind of person that is so lazy he doesn't know how to tie his shoe laces. We had a shouting match today when my boyfriend was out. The arguments are often so it's not just the 'doing your bit' thing, there's the personality clash too. It's too emotionally draining.

I think I should just move into student accommodation after Christmas but I'm concerned about how this will affect my relationship with my boyfriend.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've tried, he's just not cooperative. He's the kind of person that is so lazy he doesn't know how to tie his shoe laces. We had a shouting match today when my boyfriend was out. The arguments are often so it's not just the 'doing your bit' thing, there's the personality clash too. It's too emotionally draining.

I think I should just move into student accommodation after Christmas but I'm concerned about how this will affect my relationship with my boyfriend.
    I am sure your relationship will be fine if you move, it's not like he's gonna be at the other end of the country.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    I am sure your relationship will be fine if you move, it's not like he's gonna be at the other end of the country.
    True that, guess I'm just scared of going solo. Cheers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.