The Student Room Group

Tescos group interviews

In an hour or so I have a group interview for a part time job (weekends and evenings). This is my first interview, so what should I expect at tesco ? has anyone had one recently ?

Any help would be great as im abit worried at the moment, thanks.
Reply 1
Sorry you didn't get any replies :frown: But how did it go? What kind of stuff did you do? Good luck with getting the job!
Reply 2
It was alright to be honest, some ******* thought he was the boss tho, quite funny.

We had several tasks to do, first one was to get to know your partner and then tell the group who they are etc. (id of thought they do this at nearly every group interview) Some kid messed up, he told the group his partners name and then said "for some reason she doesn't have any parents" I mean come on, is he a ****ing idiot ? he totally embrassed the poor girl.

The 2nd task was that we had to get into groups of 4 and had to pick an item out of the bag at random, we got a box of sweets. We then had to discuss between each other what the benefits of them are and then pick a spokesperson to then speak to the whole group about the item, only for about 30 seconds tho.

The 3rd task was to again, pick an item out of the bag but then create an advert for the product and then present it to the group.

And finally, the 4th task was to actually go onto the shop floor and do some tasks. I was on the checkout for a few customers and my first one, i panicked and nearly gave her the wrong change, but I was alright after that as I calmed down.

Their was 11 of us in the interview but I think we will all get the job as its a "temp" one, and they will need us for christmas. As no-one turned out to be a complete retard we will all get it, then the hard workers will get kept on after the month or so. The pay I will be getting is around 6.55 i think, the same as the 60 year man in the interview :tongue:

I will find out if I get the job tomorrow, through a phone call.

I hope this helps anyone, who has an group interview with tesco soon. I think the interviewers (3 of them), made the interview up just before we got there because the tasks were written on a board, so the interviews would probably vary between each store.

Thanks
Reply 3
and by the way, I did get the job he just phoned and asked me to attend an induction day tomorrow. I must bring my N.I number, passport and bank details. One problem tho, I have lost my bank card so how am I suppose to give them my details? any help please.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Stev00
and by the way, I did get the job he just phoned and asked me to attend an induction day tomorrow. I must bring my N.I number, passport and bank details. One problem tho, I have lost my bank card so how am I suppose to give them my details? any help please.

Thanks

Bank statement?
Reply 5
It alright, I found my card but its invalid but didnt matter as they only need the account number and sort code
Reply 6
Original post by Stev00
It was alright to be honest, some ******* thought he was the boss tho, quite funny.

We had several tasks to do, first one was to get to know your partner and then tell the group who they are etc. (id of thought they do this at nearly every group interview) Some kid messed up, he told the group his partners name and then said "for some reason she doesn't have any parents" I mean come on, is he a ****ing idiot ? he totally embrassed the poor girl.

The 2nd task was that we had to get into groups of 4 and had to pick an item out of the bag at random, we got a box of sweets. We then had to discuss between each other what the benefits of them are and then pick a spokesperson to then speak to the whole group about the item, only for about 30 seconds tho.

The 3rd task was to again, pick an item out of the bag but then create an advert for the product and then present it to the group.

And finally, the 4th task was to actually go onto the shop floor and do some tasks. I was on the checkout for a few customers and my first one, i panicked and nearly gave her the wrong change, but I was alright after that as I calmed down.

Their was 11 of us in the interview but I think we will all get the job as its a "temp" one, and they will need us for christmas. As no-one turned out to be a complete retard we will all get it, then the hard workers will get kept on after the month or so. The pay I will be getting is around 6.55 i think, the same as the 60 year man in the interview :tongue:

I will find out if I get the job tomorrow, through a phone call.

I hope this helps anyone, who has an group interview with tesco soon. I think the interviewers (3 of them), made the interview up just before we got there because the tasks were written on a board, so the interviews would probably vary between each store.

Thanks

I don't like you, you take things for granted far too much, also you are arrogant. I hope you don't get kept on.
Reply 7
Original post by rick_james
I don't like you, you take things for granted far too much, also you are arrogant. I hope you don't get kept on.

Sorry ? I dont understand, please explain...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending