Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting to feel suicidal... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I don't know what to do any longer and I need some guidance. After finishing my A Levels, I moved in with my partner in a city on the other side of the UK from my hometown. Since moving here, my health has gone completely wrong! In September, I was hospitalised by a virus that caused extreme dehydration and attacked my liver. When i recovered, I found a job on a temporary contract.

As soon as i started the job, I began feeling ill again. All my muscles ache, i have severe diarrhea and stomach cramps and i feel like something is badly wrong. I was hospitalised again and almost lost my job, but luckily my boss gave me another chance. The hospital can't find what is wrong and my gp says it is juat irritable bowel syndrome, even though some of the symptoms don't fit. I am now struggling through each day at work, watching the clock, wishing I was dead.

Last night, my partner took me to a gig and we spent the night in a hotel. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy it due to the pain and we had to leave after half an hour of the band playing. I have become terrorised by thoughts that the diarrhea will suddenly appear and I won't make it to the toilet, and I often wake up in the middle of the night with thoughts of unbearable pain or that i might soil myself in public!
    Sometimes I have panic attacks that last 2 or more hours, and end with an intense chest pain... So i am scared that one time I may actually have a heart attack.

I am only able to eat plain, bland foods in tiny portions as I am scared I will make the problem worse. I have lost a lot of weight, and feel like I am falling apart. Due to living with my student partner parrnwe, I am not entitled to enough benefits to pay the bills, so I keep struggling into work... Recently I have been having thoughts of ending my life. I cant enjoy time spent with my partner anymore, and I'm forcing myself into work just to pay for living a life I don't want to live.

Thanks for rreading, id appreciate any advice you have.

ReputationRep:
    see a doctor or try moving back to your home town for a few weeks. may be something to do with the area you live in or something with your flat (such as asbestos, water supply, gas such as radon, etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sickgirl)
    Hi all,
    I don't know what to do any longer and I need some guidance. After finishing my A Levels, I moved in with my partner in a city on the other side of the UK from my hometown. Since moving here, my health has gone completely wrong! In September, I was hospitalised by a virus that caused extreme dehydration and attacked my liver. When i recovered, I found a job on a temporary contract.

As soon as i started the job, I began feeling ill again. All my muscles ache, i have severe diarrhea and stomach cramps and i feel like something is badly wrong. I was hospitalised again and almost lost my job, but luckily my boss gave me another chance. The hospital can't find what is wrong and my gp says it is juat irritable bowel syndrome, even though some of the symptoms don't fit. I am now struggling through each day at work, watching the clock, wishing I was dead.

Last night, my partner took me to a gig and we spent the night in a hotel. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy it due to the pain and we had to leave after half an hour of the band playing. I have become terrorised by thoughts that the diarrhea will suddenly appear and I won't make it to the toilet, and I often wake up in the middle of the night with thoughts of unbearable pain or that i might soil myself in public!
    Sometimes I have panic attacks that last 2 or more hours, and end with an intense chest pain... So i am scared that one time I may actually have a heart attack.

I am only able to eat plain, bland foods in tiny portions as I am scared I will make the problem worse. I have lost a lot of weight, and feel like I am falling apart. Due to living with my student partner parrnwe, I am not entitled to enough benefits to pay the bills, so I keep struggling into work... Recently I have been having thoughts of ending my life. I cant enjoy time spent with my partner anymore, and I'm forcing myself into work just to pay for living a life I don't want to live.

How close are you to your family ? If you are close I think it's very important that you move back home. I don't know if you're partner will follow you but I think you need more of a support system than just him.

If I were you I would move back home. If my kid was going through this no matter how old I would let them move back home and drive to every doctors appointment with them. I would carry on harassing doctors until they found out what was wrong. I'm sure your family will be there for you.

Personally I don't believe that anything comes after death. If you really are as bad as you say live with your parents on benefits ? Or work from home. It sounds to me like when you go out the anxiety of actually being out is exasterbating your symptoms.

I'm not a doctor or a psychologist but it sounds like you are where you are for your partner and I don't think it's working out for you.

Hope it works out. If you want to talk there are many friendly faces on here. Including me

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou both for your replies. I did consider going home a few weeks ao if things didnt improve, but when I suggested it to my partner he became quite upset and felt that y I might not come back again. I dont want to leave him, he has supported me to the absolute best of his ability.

I also put the idea forward to my mother and she said she no longer has a room for me. She doesn't tend to be supportive - I call her every week and she often hangs up with no warning when she gets bored of the conv

ersation. I don't have any friends in this city apart from my partner and the woman at work who gives me free immodium. I think the lack of a support network doesn't help...

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

http://www.thesecret.tv/

read the inspirational stories on health
    buy the book
    and you'll get all da answers ur lookin for!
    and what's more, YOU ARE ATTRACTING THIS BAD HEALTH BY MOANING!!!!!
    THE UNIVERSE GIVES YOU WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND, VISUALISE BEING IN GOOD HEALTH, FEEL GOOD HEALTH and it will come to you.

read the story of lance armstrong and how he overcame cancer, biven 5% chance of recovery and did the tour de france!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your family immediately, and see your GP. It sounds like you could very well be depressed, which isn't a bad thing as depression can be successfully treated with a course of anti-depressants and/or types of counselling which will pull you out of it, so you can see the rational side that things will get better and life is definitely worth living.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't do anything to yourself, unless you want to spend all night awake in a hospital until 5 talking to two crazy people.

Think of all the consequences, what people would think, and don't go 'It'll never get better' because it probably will.

Go listen to some happy songs that fill you with warm luffly loveness

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Well even if you don't have a support system with your parents. Where is your support system ? Ask your partner to come with you. I am sure this is a legitimate reason for your bf to leave university for the rest of the year.

Have you told your bf how you feel ? If my gf was thinking about this I'd want to know and I'd do everything to make her feel better.

Are you sure your mum knows how ill you are ? I can't see her hanging up on you if she did ....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.