Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Struck my mind the other day, as I am interested in such affairs in the world, enjoy reading them and generally realise it will help with my studies, perhaps not loads but still.

But getting a newspaper every day is very troublesome from my point of view. So i'm looking to see if there is such a magazine, weekly i guess, that would be ideal for my studies. I am only in first year, i don't know if that will make a difference.

I have looked at 'The Economist' which seems fairly good, especially with an offer from studentbeans :P. But ofcourse, if there are other and better options out there i'd like to know..

So any help be appreciated (:

ReputationRep:
    The Times, Financial Times and Economist
    Those are what I have subscribed.

ReputationRep:
    As I am a lazy person and don't read paper everyday, I have subscribed to the Economist only.... Financial Times is definitely a good choice if you have time to read it

ReputationRep:
    TIME magazine is also good but hard to get hold of

I would say The Economist. Also take a look at http://www.fool.com/ (leading financial news website)

ReputationRep:
    Try something left-wing as well, it's good to get two points of views on the same events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Try something left-wing as well, it's good to get two points of views on the same events.
    Agreed, although the publications mentioned are fairly politically neutral?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmehere)
    Agreed, although the publications mentioned are fairly politically neutral?
    I doubt the neutrality of anything

ReputationRep:
    The Economis is the best.
    You can also go for business review and economic review magazines from Philip Allan publications.

Regards,
    Pradeepthi Bommidala

ReputationRep:
    Bloomberg Businessweek also good.

FT and Economist best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.