Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

helloo , hoping someone can help me! i'm looking to do midwifery in the future but have to do an access course 1st. basically, i was looking at a local college's website and was about to fill out the application form when i saw a link for free tuition with the college. if you're aged 19-24 and have not yet got qualifications at a Level 3, you are eligible for free access course tuition - so long as you are going to take your studies to a level 3. i am 18 but will be 19 when the course starts and have no other qualifications except gcse. I am planning to start and complete my midwifery degree as soon as i have finished the access course and been accepted at a uni. im very confused as to what all these levels and points etc mean, so if any1 could help me it'd be much appreciated - & im very sorry if i posted this in the wrong place

hiya hun,

i would suggest getting in touch with the admissions teams at any uni's u would consider applying to as they tend to differ in regards to what they want from the access course (ie, subjects, credits, grades etc.) - midwifery is incredibly competitive with applicants in their hundreds for around 15-50 places (depending on the uni) so it pays to know exactly what each uni wants.

level 3 is the equivalent to A level so if u only have GCSEs then u should be entitled to funding for the access as this covers a range of level 3 subjects.

How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.