Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Manchester or Nottingham Uni? (Geography) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to both to do Geog (BA) and have received offers. Manchester is AAB whereas Nottingham is ABB.
    I'm confident I can get the grades, but what Uni would people recommend.

Obviously, people with knowledge about the geography courses would be great, but I'd like to hear what other people think about the places too e.g. life in the cities, campus, future prospects etc

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP1)
    anyone?
    I've also received an offer from Nottingham for Geography with Business, not applying to Manchester though. I guess it kind of all depends on you really, whether you like a proper campus university or a city one and stuff like that. I hear from most people that Nottingham is not a great city and whilst that may be true you'd probably be spending the majority of your time on campus, Manchester is a larger city and probably has a bit more going on in the way of entertainment, food, nightlife etc.

Both universities are fairly similar and whilst i think Nottingham edges ahead in most of the rankings, your not going to be turned down by an employer for going for either one or the other seeing as they are both pretty good universities.

You should also consider downloading the departmental brouchures from both uni's, ive got the Nottingham one, where it gives you a good idea of what is on the course and the fieldtrips and modules that you complete, you may like one set more than the other.

The best thing I'd say would be to go up there on the post-offer visit days and see them both. Then you can really make your mind up.

You might want to visit this part of the forum and ask more questions - its where us Geographers are hidden
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28862263

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is a pretty nice city, but I couldn't easily say the same about Manchester.

Can't really comment on the courses - don't personally know much about BA stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I ont know about the geography bit but I've been to both open days and I personally prefer Manchester even though Nottingham was really nice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.