Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Droppin out or Transferring university - should i do it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm seriously considerin droppin out or transferring to another university. I'm currently at Aston uni doing international business and management, and I love business but i'm fed up of being here. My friends and I believe that I suffer from depression and I never took that into account when I went away from home to study.

I just feel down and stressed at the moment and I've already failed an exam (maths, i hate it) and it just keeps adding up and because i cant find the motivation to work, my workload is pileing up and i have people coming to me saying that they wanna drop out or telling me about their problems and expecting me to give advice which makes me feel like a hypocrite coz im in the same possition and they expect me to keep smiling and be happy.

My mum and dad keep saying that its alright to come home and no one will be dissappointed, but i no i will be and they will be a little dissappointed in me and im the only one in my family to go to university making me want them to feel proud.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    stay

ReputationRep:
    see your uni psychologist, but may i ask why you're feeling like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSadReaper)
    see your uni psychologist, but may i ask why you're feeling like this?

I dont no when i started to feel like this, i think it was when i was 12 when i moved house and it just went on and off causing me to have break-downs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChibiSora)
    I dont no when i started to feel like this, i think it was when i was 12 when i moved house and it just went on and off causing me to have break-downs.
    Well you have supportive parents, you go to one of the best unis for your course, there is no reason to be depressed! See your uni counsellor but also go out more maybe or take a holiday?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.