Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will universities consider my application if I have 10 ucas points below requirement? Watch

ReputationRep:
    as above.

ReputationRep:
    if the course isnt full then they probably will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    if the course isnt full then they probably will
    LOL that rhymes.

ReputationRep:
    They won't care that much, but they might make you an offer which is 10 points above your predicted grade. Like if you're predicted BBC you might get an offer for BBB still, depends on how good your personal statement is and whether the university really wants you or not.

ReputationRep:
    OKAY So do you think I should apply to uni's which want 30 points above my predicted?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they may still give you an offer. Depends on the subject and the uni though... which course is it for?

As for the offer, they will probably give you their standard offer, even if you're predicted 10 points below it. Personally, I'd recommend applying somewhere that is 30 points higher than your predicted as one of your choices, and only if you think you'll actually be able to achieve those kinds of grades - pointless for everyone if you get an offer than you know you'll never meet

ReputationRep:
    If it's UCAS points, why not just find a qualification which will give you those points - like a speech and drama qualification, sports leader, extended project or an instrument at grade 6 or above.
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_...qualifications
    this gives you a list of everything that qualifies - you might even have a qualification that counts already!

Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    I have dukh of edinburgh and extended project, which I have put in my personal statement and added extended project to my qualifications. I never knew there were points for extended project. How many points does it qualify for?

ReputationRep:
    I know people at my sixth form who received offers when they were predicted 20 points lower, one of whom got his offer 3 days after his application was sent.

ReputationRep:
    I believe if there is space then they should let you in. For subjects such as Law or Medicine this is rare due to the competition.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.