Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Second round interview with DB for GTO tomorow - what can i expect? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Tommorow morning i have my second round interview with DB for GTO (Technology). The HR woman told me i have an hour numerical test followed by three x half hour competancy based interviews.

Im doing Astrophysics and my maths isnt bad - but im not sure what to expect? Is it an extended online test (ie, graphs, charts etc with multiple choice options)?

Also, how much technical knowledge and knowledge of the bank would i be expected to know? I think im pretty clued up on the technical side, and am reading around for current affairs - but they are competancy based, so am i wasting my time?

Would really appreciate your comments!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes people say they got asked hardly any technical stuff
    Sometimes people say they got asked quite a lot of technical stuff

Depends mostly on
    1. complexity of your degree : ie how much u learned at uni, programming etc
    2. backgroud of interviewer : if he/she has very technical role, they will tend to try see how good your technical knowledge is

But i would think mostly the interviews will be competency, with perhaps some technical questions but nothing to deep. Wouldnt worry unecassarily about techincal questions but know the basics and if u have some cool technical background you can mention it a little bit without digging yourself into a hole.

Always be on guard though, you cant predict interviwers and what mood they will be in. But expect a lot of Why Tech/ Why Deutsche bank and competencies as well - majority will be questions like this

I private messaged you also

ReputationRep:
    Just saw your PM - VERY helpful.

Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! How it went?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.