Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Define Curvy, Are slim girls curvy? Watch

• View Poll Results: What is curvy in your opinion?
    Waist/hip ratio
    69.23%
    Big boobs/bum
    20.51%
    Size dependant
    10.26%
    Other
    0%

ReputationRep:
    In your opinion what is curvy?

1)Is it the waist/hip ration?
    2)Or big boobs and bum?

People usually mean one or the other of the above, but is there anything else you use to define curvy. For example is curvy dependant on size? or something else?

ReputationRep:
    1 and 2

Anything else is fat.

ReputationRep:
    Curvy girls are :sogood:.

ReputationRep:
    1 and 2, usually together. You can be slim and curvy, you can also be 'fat' but still have an hourglass figure.

ReputationRep:
    First option.

ReputationRep:
    When somebody says "curvy" to me, I picture somebody of size 10-14 ish in my head (and about 5'6- to give the size relative meaning)

That isn't to say that a size 10 isn't slim. It's just what I picture. "Curvy" doesn't mean "fat" to me.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely NOT size dependent.

Not necessarily to do with big boobs/bum either, because if you had both of those, but with a big stomach/waistline, then you wouldn't be very curvy.

So waist/hip ratio definitely - about 0.65 is perfect I reckon. And despite what people sometimes say, I don't think you need to be an hourglass to be curvy. J-Lo and Beyonce are both pear-shaped, but they're still curvy.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriends a size 6 and she has curves, s'all I'm saying.....

ReputationRep:
    Slim curvy girls don't have enough meat on them for the curves to look as appealing than on a much meatier Woman or fat Woman. It's like bend them over and you can see their stink holes. But a normal built Woman will have it just right and all i can see is her Vagina.

ReputationRep:
    http://layvonne.blogg.se/images/2010...s_69436588.jpg

Curvy.

ReputationRep:
    Too many threads on curves/fat and so much fail because no one can ever agree :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Yep

kim, beyonce, nikki minaj, j lo, mariah carey (although she's fat these days but she's curvy when slim), vanessa williams, tyra banks, shakira lol i could go on.

Curvy is what my mouth becomes every time I see this thread and its related forms

ReputationRep:
      Depends on what angle you look at said girl from.

ReputationRep:
      you do know she's had implants into her butt to make it way bigger than it naturally should be?

and not to mention surgery and other things to enhance herself.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xfactorfan)
      you do know she's had implants into her butt to make it way bigger than it naturally should be?

Well you probably described 50% of female celebrities. If not more.

ReputationRep:
      I think you can be fat and curvy, or thin and curvy, and all in between.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xfactorfan)

Would you still smash?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by No Man)
      Well you probably described 50% of female celebrities. If not more.
      true i suppose

(Original post by Threepigs)
      Would you still smash?
      i'd still bang her yeah. i'd bang most women, lets be honest.

ReputationRep:
      You can be fat and curvy or thin and curvy, it's all about the waist/hip ratio to give the 'hourglass' figure!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.