Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have you NOT tried cannabis? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant

ReputationRep:
    Because I promised my mummy that I would never do drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I know it's bad for your health etc. [...] within reason
    Unlike you, some people think jeopardizing your health (and life) isn't reasonable.
    Shocking, isn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    Just never felt the need to.

ReputationRep:
    Because I've never had the opportunity too and, regardless of that, it's never appealed to me.

ReputationRep:
    :/ Intresting question but nahh

ReputationRep:
    I have no rational reason, except maybe the illegality, I just don't want to and to me it seems a more risky thing to do than drinking, despite reports to the contrary. I also don't discredit anyone who smokes weed.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    Because I like to be able to spell correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Unlike you, some people think jeopardizing your health (and life) isn't reasonable.
    Shocking, isn't it ?
    I trid to make thinges simple for the feeble minded....*sigh*

do you drink alcohol?

and "jeopardizing your life" is a bit over the top since weed has NEVER killed anyone, yet alcohol kills hundreds of thousand per year...

Are you one of those people that think having a toke will turn you into a junkie, but binge drinking is perfectly acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    Ffs you're giving draw smokers a bad name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Because I promised my mummy that I would never do drugs
    Do you drink coffee?

OP I think everyone has at least tried weed. I don't really understand how people could not at some point in their life :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I like to be in control of my life rather than be addicted/ controlled by a plant thank you very much, same goes for alcohol and cigarrettes and most addicting things that make you loose control.

ReputationRep:
    Because no one has ever offered it to me without tobacco.

ReputationRep:
    I've just never got round to it, I'd try it once but I doubt I'd like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritedaway)
    because i promised my mummy that i would never do drugs
    Rebel. Rebel against your very parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seentje)
    Because I like to be able to spell correctly
    LOL i got A* for english GCSE and A* for A-level eglish lang and lit combined...

when you smoke weed, you realise that checking your spelling on a message board, full of 15 year old virgins, is pointless...try it some time, you may loosen up and see where i'm coming from!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    I like to be in control of my life rather than be addicted/ controlled by a plant thank you very much, same goes for alcohol and cigarrettes and most addicting things that make you loose control.
    Weed is less addictive than those things, especially cigarrettes.....

*and unless you are extremely weak minded you will not become addicted to it....

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis deadens the brain. I feel that having my mind and body in the best condition possible to be one of the greatest pleasures in life. I'll probably start smoking if I become a terminal patient or a broken old man if the need arises, but not before.

All of my friends who started smoking pot got hooked on the stuff. A quarter of those addicts remained normal, if a bit sleepy at times, another quarter started showing sings of decay, and the rest became useless zombies. Two of them went to prison for it.

So no thanks. Alcohol goes well with a meal or at a party, but drugs are for those who lack imagination and cigarettes are for those who lack willpower.

ReputationRep:
    I trid to make thinges simple for the feeble minded....*sigh*

do you drink alcohol?

and "jeopardizing your life" is a bit over the top since weed has NEVER killed anyone, yet alcohol kills hundreds of thousand per year...

Are you one of those people that think having a toke will turn you into a junkie, but binge drinking is perfectly acceptable?
    It never killed anyone directly, big difference.

And jeopardizing is a broader term than killing. You can fail at Uni / High school, and thus, jeopardize your life in a sense.

Call me feeble minded if you want to, you fail to understand your mother tongue, and that's pretty feeble in my opinion.

I don't drink alcohol either. I like being in control of my brain.

And don't thank me, I do like educating retards once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    Why have YOU never tried morris dancing?

Answer: It looks embarrassingly ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.