Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Voted in favour by 21 votes :| Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If Clegg and 10 other Lib Dems had voted against it then they could have stopped it going through and the Liberal Democrats could have saved their asses and won by 1 vote to stop the increase.

Well done Clegg for turning blue !

You could have made a difference seeing as their was a 21 vote majority yet you voted alongside the Tories against your initial pledge.

ReputationRep:
    blame the scots

ReputationRep:
    Yeh just heard about this, only time I feel sorry for the English... **** times for students.

The result was expected. Awaiting the vote on the minimum fees at £6000 now.

ReputationRep:
      Crap it's actually the very first time I wish I was a scot or welsh lol

...oh well, it's not like it's any cheaper abroad.

EDIT: Before anymore people go anal on me, I mean a UK student studying abroad

ReputationRep:
      Haha yes pay more and think more carefully before you go to Uni cus if you choose a mickey mouse course it's gonna take you all your life to pay the debt off!

ReputationRep:
      Haven't really seen this anywhere but thought I might just chuck it on here in hope it might get answered. For the majority of unis the cap will now be £6000 but realistically how much should we be expecting to pay? For example how much will the majority of unis charge for something like a business degree? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
      My butler and I just had a jolly good chuckle at the poor working class peasants

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hooj)
      Haha yes pay more and think more carefully before you go to Uni cus if you choose a mickey mouse course it's gonna take you all your life to pay the debt off!
      Also means I'll be priced out of studying medicine if I don't get in this cycle.

Yay.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jb9191)
      If Clegg and 21 other Lib Dems had voted against it then they could have stopped it going through and the Liberal Democrats could have saved their asses and won by 1 vote to stop the increase.

Well done Clegg for turning blue !

You could have made a difference seeing as their was a 21 vote majority yet you voted alongside the Tories against your initial pledge.
      It was a coalition policy. The Liberal Democrats agreed to it.They even made the Browne's proposals fairer.

What more do people want?

Why are people rioting?

Turning blue- better than being red.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PerigeeApogee)
      That'll teach you idiots to vote Lib Dem or Tory again.

Also, don't vote Labour, idiots. Just don't vote.
      I didn't vote

ReputationRep:

I Lol'd because I actually spoilt my vote

£6000... maximum of £9000 meh

Very affordable. That is definitely worth my 4 lectures a week :rolleyes: Oh and can someone please tell me how this could possibly increase/keep demand at the same level for university places :confused:

And to be honest... it's a conservative government... and I don't think the conservatives have ever been for the lower and lower middle classes right?

ReputationRep:
      oh my... I have no idea whether I will be able to come to the UK next year as a visiting student and do my Master at the University of York....

21 votes... srsly....

ReputationRep:
      It's disappointing really. I'm annoyed. It's just too much debt. Watching the protestors push against the barriers, there's just no point anymore

ReputationRep:
      Now I wish I either wasn't English or that I'd been born 9 months earlier.

ReputationRep:
      I'm probably going to get negged for this but I don't understand what all the fuss is about? Admittedly I don't know enough about the whole debate to really reach a considered conclusion but it's not as though poor people are going to be unable to go to university - loans do still exist to compensate for the rise, people. Taxing graduates to fund university education as Labour want to do just isn't fair - if you want to go to university, then it's up to you to pay for it, end of.

ReputationRep:
      This is a national disgrace.

(Original post by robinson999)
      yay for being priced out of studying medicine

as well
      Sorry to hear it man

I think people who voted Conservative knew that tuition fees were going up.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MoBlo)
        oh my... I have no idea whether I will be able to come to the UK next year as a visiting student and do my Master at the University of York....

21 votes... srsly....
        No changes to postgraduate degrees.

(Original post by Qaz25)
        Minimum £6000
        Where you getting minimum from?

ReputationRep:
        what we can do now is to protest for the queen to dissolve this government which will cause another general election, it can be done she's done it before

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.