Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any suggestions for a good set of coloured pens for writing out course notes on each subject?

I've been considering Staedtler Triplus Fineliners for a while but if anyone has any better/equal, *cough* cheaper *cough* alternatives then I'd love to hear about them.

Much thanks :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Haha I came in here to suggest the Triplus pens, so I'm clearly not gonna be much help :p:
    But they are awesome...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Haha I came in here to suggest the Triplus pens, so I'm clearly not gonna be much help :p:
    But they are awesome...
    Even feedback on the Triplus pens is useful too!

ReputationRep:
    Triplus pens are really awesome. They're smooth and don't bleed through, and even if you lose the caps they'll still work ;D I use them for headings in my revision notes, but I'm always afraid they'll run out of ink because you can't see how much is left.

ReputationRep:
    WHSmith have their own brand of fineliners which I've found work just as well as the Staedtler ones, but they're cheaper:

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...ctID=33843346#

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...ctID=00239448#

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was going to suggest the triplus fineliners too. Very good pens

ReputationRep:
    Amazon has the Triplus ones for quite a low price :wink2:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the sun comes up)
    Amazon has the Triplus ones for quite a low price :wink2:.
    I've went for a box of 10 on Ebay (new) - lowest price I could find was £4.75

ReputationRep:
    Get the stabilo pack of 20 fineliners from Rymans. They're £9.99 but this works out at 50p each :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelySoul193)
    Anyone got any suggestions for a good set of coloured pens for writing out course notes on each subject?

I've been considering Staedtler Triplus Fineliners for a while but if anyone has any better/equal, *cough* cheaper *cough* alternatives then I'd love to hear about them.

If I remember correctly, Asda used to (I'm not sure if they still do) sell their own brand of fineliners. Came in quite a big pack - with loads of colours - for about £4. They work pretty much the same as the Triplus, if not better. Might be worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelySoul193)

Do you have Rymans near you? They are doing the smaller packs of them for £3 something

ReputationRep:
    I use the triplus ones, and I've found that because I tend to press quite hard on the page the tips are getting pushed into the pen, making them pretty much unusable even though there's plenty of ink left :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.