Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not interested - how to say politely? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This girl at my school is always trying to be with me to talk and stuff. I'm not attracted to her but she seems attracted to me, always wanting to be with me after class and complimenting me. She talks so much and i basically find her annoying and unattractive, but i try to be polite and maintain conversation so as not to be rude. How do i show her that i'm not interested without offending or hurting her?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you are gay.

ReputationRep:
    Talk bout girls you like to her, she will soon enough get the hint

ReputationRep:
    "**** OFF"

Kiddin', tell her you are gay is the best way. it works for my friends xD

ReputationRep:
    stop stalking me you weird weird freak

ReputationRep:
    saying i was gay would be pointless frankly - when she found out i'd lied then she'd be even more hurt and offended than if i'd told her to f uck off.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna make a similar thread the other day about a similar topic.
    A girl was chatting me up when I was at work a few weeks ago but I had no interest. Eventually she asked me for my number and I (lied to her) told her I had a gf, but the whole time I was thinking "how do i politely tell her I'm not interested without dropping the g-bomb or coming right out and saying look i'm not interested"
    i should add she spent a good 15-20 minutes chatting to me wasting her and my time, i want to know how to end it after 5

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she likes you and then use the classic "I think it's better if we are friends." If she says no and you're not sure she's telling the truth or not then just say "Good, i like us just being friends." It'll hurt her like a b*tch depending on how much she likes you but she isn't your responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    i don't even want to be friends - i'm not interested in her at all since she annoys me. call me selfish, i don't care

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    "**** off 'ew ****"

ReputationRep:
    Smack dat *****

Followed by a nipple cripple for a double win :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you have a girlfriend with a jealous streak and access to a fairly sizeable pick axe.

ReputationRep:
    bump come on :C

ReputationRep:
    This was two weeks ago. You still haven't thought of something?

Man up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    stop stalking me you weird weird freak
    Who's the guy in your sig? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i got bored and came on student room then realised noone had replied :C

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not interested in you" should do it.

ReputationRep:
    In case are still having this problem, then really don't dance around the topic when you state that you think she is interested to her. And at that point if she admits that it is true, then be completly honest that you do no feel the same. If she denies it, it could be because she does not want to seem upset in front of you. It may be awkward after that (and painful for her) but if you really dont want to associate with her, at all, then just walk away.

I understand you want to remain polite and civil and that 's admirable. However, You have already tried the polite but subtle hint but those did not seem to work, correct?

And by continuing to 'listen' to her when she approaches you, you are only encouraging her unwanted behavior. She may be hurt but she will eventually get over it. Just something to think about.

And agreed that telling the fable that you're gay is not advised because that little lie could quickly carry around the school which I am sure you don't want?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.