Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP! I have a question i think most people want to know the answer about :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    If the tuition fee's come into place in 2012 when everyone has to pay £9000, if you start in september 2011 do you have to pay £3290 for your first year, then £9000 for your next 2 years or does it stay at £3290 for the whole 3 years as we would of started university before 2012?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think from an assembly we had, if you start in 2011 then you pay the lower fees which will only go up due to inflation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAmy0913)
    If the tuition fee's come into place in 2012 when everyone has to pay £9000, if you start in september 2011 do you have to pay £3290 for your first year, then £9000 for your next 2 years or does it stay at £3290 for the whole 3 years as we would of started university before 2012?

Thanks
    This. It stays at the lower rate of ~£3300 (adjusted each year for inflation).

ReputationRep:
    it stays capped dependent on the year that you apply. If you are applying this year the university will have to treat you in this years system throughout your time at uni. (if that made sense) so you will not be paying 9000 but the amount that you will pay rises as the inflation rises e.g. price of bread goes up so your fee may also rise the following year as economy fails, pound goes down.

Iam not very sure this is how it works but i think so

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys hopefully ill get in a course which starts in September 2011 cuz £9000 fees a year is just ridicules!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.