Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how can you tell when a person is upset with you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not after an argument but rather after a normal conversation. What are the signs of being able to tell?

ReputationRep:
    I would love to know this as well... Knowing how people are feeling is difficult!

ReputationRep:
    Was the conversation about their sex life or something?

ReputationRep:
    They ignore you? It's hard, people react inm different ways

ReputationRep:
    yeah what i do is just blatantly ignore them... but others usually keep quiet or *****, i prefer ignore or just having a go at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    They ignore you? It's hard, people react inm different ways
    Its so difficult to tell cos today I didnt even get to speak to her but I just have a feeling from the way she was acting. However I did see her look at me twice in lecture.

ReputationRep:
    And if you were upset with someone would you want an apology?

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to get an apology, but unfortunately you won't always get one, some people are too proud to admit when they are in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Generally they will change emotionally. It may not be noticeable immediately but will become apparent. It depends upon how much you annoyed them to the hostile signs they will show you.

Hostile Body language would be one,
    No Smiles, Waves, Grins etc..

It is very hard to be generic.. on the whole they will change, if you know them well enough then you should notice a change in them when they are upset. They may become subdued, stop talking to you, or if they do talk to you be very abrupt and to the point.

Again none of this is generic and totally depends on the personality of the person affected Hope i could help

ReputationRep:
    If I am upset with someone, I will avoid them, not talk to them, if they look at me I will look away and end up having an annoyed expression on my face.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    lol if someones upset with me they know about it :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.