Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Naturally good looking girls: Gift or Curse? Watch

People used to call me pretty and now that i'm older, the compliments have upgraded to beautiful/gorgeous. Sometimes it goes as far as very beautiful/absolutely gorgeous/so stunning. Now i'm turning into an arrogant *****.

When someone says 'i'm pretty', it annoys me as I say to myself 'no i'm not pretty i'm beautiful', 'most girls are pretty but a few rare gems are beautiful/stunning'. I get at least one compliment about my looks a week and i'm turning me into a self-rightous, egotistical, Zeus- Kings of the Gods monster! When I see a group of girls looking at me, I automatically think they're just jealous of me (Haters gon hate) OR I believe that i'm the prettiest girl school, church, uni etc; so when someone indirectly says a girl is prettier than me, it makes me upset (pretty girls seem to think they're prettier than others I guess :dontknow:). Though I have talents, I feel my looks is what makes me superior to most people.

Yes, I am humble when people compliment me, but deep down, I know i'm good looking.

No, i'm not a troll, and lads, I won't post pics or GTFO because that wasn't my question (hence the reason why i'm anon).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    People used to call me pretty and now that i'm older, the compliments have upgraded to beautiful/gorgeous. Sometimes it goes as far as very beautiful/absolutely gorgeous/so stunning. Now i'm turning into an arrogant *****.

When someone says 'i'm pretty', it annoys me as I say to myself 'no i'm not pretty i'm beautiful', 'most girls are pretty but a few rare gems are beautiful/stunning'. I get at least one compliment about my looks a week and i'm turning me into a self-rightous, egotistical, Zeus- Kings of the Gods monster! When I see a group of girls looking at me, I automatically think they're just jealous of me (Haters gon hate) OR I believe that i'm the prettiest girl school, church, uni etc; so when someone indirectly says a girl is prettier than me, it makes me upset (pretty girls seem to think they're prettier than others I guess :dontknow:). Though I have talents, I feel my looks is what makes me superior to most people.

Yes, I am humble when people compliment me, but deep down, I know i'm good looking.

No, i'm not a troll, and lads, I won't post pics or GTFO because that wasn't my question (hence the reason why i'm anon).
    Annnd, your point is?

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean, but I'm actually not that good-looking anyway I think that beauty can be a gift for some and a curse for others :P

(Original post by therealOG)
    Annnd, your point is?
    Is it a gift or curse? Dose another good looking girl feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    Get over it you probably look exactly the same as everyone else its not as if you have a gold nose whilst we have skin. I dont think people give a **** about your looks. I dont think i saw anyone that is ugly in my life just saw normal and pretty. i normally dont feel jelous but normally think cool she looks pretty in my head when i see someone who looks pretty. But its a shame personally matters more and in your case yours is rotten. G'day freak.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's such a curse. :emo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I think it's a gift. In general, looks seem to get people places, or at least help them get there.

If you didn't have that problem with looks, it would probably be with a different thing you got complimented on.

ReputationRep:

Kanye West Syndrome

ReputationRep:
    Just be happy you're attractive but keep yourself humble, that way best of both worlds.
    Looks fade eventually and if you become too arrogant and antagonise everybody, you'll have no true friends, and when you start hitting 30 something it'll be too late

ReputationRep:
    Though I have talents, I feel my looks is what makes me superior to most people.

You're humble, yet you think you're superior to others due to your looks?

I'd say you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    First off, you're not turning into an arrogant *****, chances are you're already there. Also, I understand the pain of occasionly only being called pretty, it's akin to those of us that are called ugly

Good luck with life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Curse. Beautiful/gorgeous girls are terrible in bed.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    and lads, I won't post pics or GTFO because that wasn't my question (hence the reason why i'm anon).
    I know you said you won't post pics, but...

PICS OR GTFO

I'm genuinely interested to see if you are as attractive as you seem to think.

ReputationRep:
    i think your problem is your ego!

i am a good looking gal and model, but the difference is i was bullied for being a nerdy shy studyhead at school, so when i hit puberty, the braces came off my teeth and the zits went away when people started complimenting me and dudes started asking me out i thought they were making fun of me. but then i got approached by a top modelling agency and i realised it was true.

the only times i find it difficult being beautiful are:

- if you are travelling alone late at night you will get attention and hassle even if you are totally covered and onlyl showing your face, you get hassle from creepy dudes, drunken pervs staring etc

- the only dudes that dare approach you are mainly playahs who have the confidence to do so, or arrogant dudes. the nice guys may stare at you and blush and not say anything because they think you will cheat or not be interested. as a result you get the hot but shallow guys who cheat on you with the next likely bimbo

- girls hate on you, girly mates with bfs feel threatende and defensive near you if you are single and dont trust you, and senior females at work who are older will envy you and lie about you

- dudes will only like you fr how you look, the relationship will be shallow and you will be treated like arm candy.

i dress very very conservative to avoid the lust of pervs and the envy of women, but i am ALWAYS truly grateful to God that He made me beautiful. and because people will more readily listen and follow the example of a beautiful woman I am trying to follow the Word of God, advocate premarital abstinance, promote charitable and social causes and help young girls to have self esteem and stand up for themself. people look at me and i want them to be inspired by me, so through my actions i want to advocate the Path of the Lord.

Jesus is great, true beauty comes from the heart. peace out.

ReputationRep:
    You had to post this anonymously.

Says it all, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse its a gift - but the choice of whether to use it and be grateful for it or abuse the gift, is in ure hands

ReputationRep:
    i think it would be very humbling if she did post a pic, some people on TSR are just plain nasty to EVERYONE even if she looked like beyonce!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you need to give us a photo...

(Original post by imsobored.)
    Yeah, you need to give us a photo...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/...c56d93e3af.jpg

I'm the one in the middle

ReputationRep:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to yourself you're beautiful and that's great to have self confidence, but remember if someone isnt aesthetically appealing to you it doesn't mean they're not beautiful in their own way :-) Some days I feel I look like the ugliest girl in the world, other days I feel great and really positive about my looks, being beautiful should not be a curse, you should feel lucky, but not see your looks as something that makes you superior to others!

ReputationRep:
    Just stop yourself thinking you're better than everyone else because of the way your chromosomes have formed. Beauty isn't a good quality in someone..obviously it's nice to be beautiful, but it doesn't make you the person you are unless you let it get to your head. See yourself as more than just a pretty face and focus on your other attributes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.