Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1. Is anyone on the Visual Communication Course(Illustration) if so do you like it, would you recommend it ?

2.Whats the city and nightlife up in derby like, when i was there for the open day, by the time we finished it was too late and way to damn snowy for us to stick around. When i asked a student who studied there who was originally from Dudley said it was good, is this opinion shared?

3. Are the Unistats and stuff like that meant to be taken seriously cuz i keep seeing different everywhere

ReputationRep:
    Im interested in applying to Visual Communication (Graphic Design) there x3

Currently deciding between Bedfordshire, Bradford, Colchester, Derby, Falmouth, UCA.

ReputationRep:
    Im at Derby I think its a nice little city and has a few good clubs and plenty of bars.

I know someone who does illustration and likes it.

If you have any questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kensei'd101)
    1. Is anyone on the Visual Communication Course(Illustration) if so do you like it, would you recommend it ?

2.Whats the city and nightlife up in derby like, when i was there for the open day, by the time we finished it was too late and way to damn snowy for us to stick around. When i asked a student who studied there who was originally from Dudley said it was good, is this opinion shared?

3. Are the Unistats and stuff like that meant to be taken seriously cuz i keep seeing different everywhere

The city is small to me, I'm from Sheffield, but it's really friendly and has a great atmosphere It's got some quite pretty bits too, it's not like a typical breezeblock city.
    The nightlife is actually pretty good, there really is something for everyone, I recommend Syn for a really good night, it's one of the biggest nightclubs, Walkabout is one of the main student bars as is NoNo8, they both do pretty big deals but Syn is definitely the biggest and best. Nights out are pretty cheap too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.