Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Battery on My Laptop won't perform at its best Watch

ReputationRep:
    My Acer Aspire laptop used to last for 3 hours, not plugged in. But now it hardly can last an hour - I just put the power option to power saver and it dropped from 86% to 5% under a minute.
    And charging it is just as painful, since it went to 58% and then rose to 100% in the same amount of time. But when I unplug the laptop, it drops to 97% (I understand that it could be that the battery is old and worn) But Do I need a new battery or a new charger or something?
    I'm going on holiday soon and need the laptop to watch a DVD to keep me entertained in the 5 hour flight (already taking away the meals, taxi, taking off and landing) there and back.
    P.S. Do airplanes tend to have plug sockets?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the battery has become degraded.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Depending how old your laptop is, it is possible that the battery has degraded like above poster says. You'd want to replace the battery, not the charger.

Airplanes typically do not have sockets unless travelling first class.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.