The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous-
Very rude..

Anyway, children in homes need a stable, heterosexual environment. These children are especially vulnerable and shouldn't be exposed to homosexuality at an early age. Don't you think that the children have been through enough without being torn to **** by bullies at school?
Just because the gay people may be happy and are able to give the child more emotionally and aesthetically, doesn't mean that they are fit to parent these children. There are of course exceptions, but for the most part I am correct. No other opinion need bee expressed.

Think how much it might help some of the poor children who reach adolescence confused and often very depressed as they can't come to terms with their sexuality because they haven't been exposed to normal, healthy gay people growing up. There are straight people visible in all society but we are still lacking gay role models, no wonder tragedies like the recent suicides in the US are happening. If gay parents were more widespread children would have less need to bully those who had gay parents/were gay themselves as it would be more 'normal'.
i have a gay cousin who finally was able to get married 2 years ago, result :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: justice and equality for all :biggrin:
Original post by Panda Vinnie
They're just ordinary people to me, couldn't care less about their sexual orientation...it's not really something I associate with a person's identity.

Although having said that, a lot of gay people make their whole identity focused around the fact that they are gay...which I think works against them. If they make a big deal about their sexual orientation, so will others...either in a positive or (usually) negative way. Also I don't really like the idea of millions of gay people around the world feeling the need to conform to the universal 'gay' stereotype in the way they walk, talk, profession (hairstylist, fashion designer etc.).

It's not all gay people, but why can't those gay people who do just behave normal...or better yet as a unique individual? Why do some (or most?) talk and walk in exactly the same way, in that 'gay' way (feminine for males, butch for females).

Why can't they just be themselves, dress the way they would dress and have the profession they would like instead of thinking "oh I'm gay, so I'll wear pink and orange and leather...and I'll walk swaying my hips side to side with a floppy hand. Now what to do about my career? Hairstylist? Gays are awesome at that :yep:"

Why can't we have more gay people who are confident to be their individual-selves, walk and talk in a way they would have done for years prior to realising they're gay? Nobody can tell me that all those gays were naturally born walking and talking like that, they changed it purposely as soon as they declare their homosexuality.

It's their choice, they have free will they can do as they please...I just hope for their sake that one day they stop conforming to the universal gay stereotype and just be themselves as they would be. Like I said, it's not all but it is a huge majority.

If somebody asked me to act out a straight person's mannerisms, I'd be left clueless...there's no 'straight' way of walking and talking, they're all individually unique. Yet if somebody asked me to act out a gay person's mannerisms, I'd do it and people would guess what I'm acting out instantly.

This is what I put in my post worded and explained a million times better.
I prefer lesbians (not the ugly mannish ones, the hot sexy ones)
I dont care about gays, do what you want i say. as long as they arent standing behind me when i bend to tie my shoelace...
Oh yeah, and they stick the winkies up where people poo comes out of, whats up with that? stuff isnt meant to go into that hole guys, its where waste comes out of, it would be like me sticking my dick in a dustbin. If you want a hole then girls have one at the front of them, just aim and shoot.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Summergirl.x
There are not plenty enough straight couples that could provide a stable environment for children. Thousands of children across the country - not to mention other countries are be treated poorly by the social services - ie. taken from one foster home to another or put in a home with inadequate parents. Open your eyes.

Excuse me, if you put one human being next to another human being they are equal.

Oh I give up arguing against you. You're just being immoral.

Yes there are plenty. Hundreds of thousands. Loads of couples that are unable to have children who would make amazing parents. Would you rather a child be put with a gay couple or a straight, assuming that both couples would provide a similar similar home conditions? You'd pick a straight couple every time, don't try to deny it.

No, noone is equal, we are not in an ideal world. I think you need to open your eyes.

How I am I being immoral?
Reply 85
It doesn't bother me at all. Everyone is the same to me
Yes there are plenty. Hundreds of thousands. Loads of couples that are unable to have children who would make amazing parents. Would you rather a child be put with a gay couple or a straight, assuming that both couples would provide a similar similar home conditions? You'd pick a straight couple every time, don't try to deny it.

No, noone is equal, we are not in an ideal world. I think you need to open your eyes.

You wouldnt necessarily pick straight :biggrin: Whats to say two men can't raise a child the same as a man and a woman. Two women will be able to understand a childs needs even greater as they have a maternal instinct, and two gay men will be more emotionally understanding anyway, and will also be able to connect with their children on a great level. Being a man and a woman in a family unit does not mean you'll work at your best potential to raise kids :smile:
Original post by leala4628
Think how much it might help some of the poor children who reach adolescence confused and often very depressed as they can't come to terms with their sexuality because they haven't been exposed to normal, healthy gay people growing up. There are straight people visible in all society but we are still lacking gay role models, no wonder tragedies like the recent suicides in the US are happening. If gay parents were more widespread children would have less need to bully those who had gay parents/were gay themselves as it would be more 'normal'.

I think we can both agree that the vast majority of people are straight and therefore will not need a gay role model.

But we'd never be in that situation!! There are more children without parents in the world than there are straight couples in want of children without children.

Okay so maybe we're not all equal, but a homosexual couple and heterosexual couple are equal, given that they both provide a good home and loving environment for the child.
Reply 89
an unusual question. A person's sexual orientation shouldn't make you feel differently about them. In our society, gay people enjoy the same freedoms as straight people, but this is not the case in many other countries, where people are persecuted and marginalised for their sexual orientation....
as for adoption i'm all for it... People always argue that a child needs a male and a female role model, suggesting that the nuclear family is the "normal" "natural" order of things, ... but there is no evidence for this, or that adopted children suffer for having parents of the same sex. If the parents can offer the child love, this should be all that counts. We all have "masculine" and "feminine" within us, regardeless of gender.
The best thing for the child would be to live in a... heterosexual environment.

Says who?
Reply 91
I think we can both agree that the vast majority of people are straight and therefore will not need a gay role model.

Even for the (for arguments sake say 9/10) straight children a gay role model will help them understand people they meet later in life who are gay or in some way different. That's like saying the majority of people in this country are able bodied, they don't need a disabled role model-that would be ridiculous. It's about tolerance, having more visible gay parents will help both those who do struggle with their sexuality in the future but also society in becoming a more tolerant, understanding place.
Reply 92

Personally, I think we're awesome. :awesome:
Original post by natashapt
You wouldnt necessarily pick straight :biggrin: Whats to say two men can't raise a child the same as a man and a woman. Two women will be able to understand a childs needs even greater as they have a maternal instinct, and two gay men will be more emotionally understanding anyway, and will also be able to connect with their children on a great level. Being a man and a woman in a family unit does not mean you'll work at your best potential to raise kids :smile:

Christ, you are stupid. It should be a male and female.
I do rather enjoy their company and attention :sexface:
Original post by hufflepuffer
I'm not sure. Do you think that being homosexual is a choice? Or that you're born gay?

Er where is there a choice?
I never made a conscious decision saying "today I'm going to fancy my girlfriend"

(Assuming you are straight) Did you decide to like boys?!
Original post by Summergirl.x
But we'd never be in that situation!! There are more children without parents in the world than there are straight couples in want of children without children.

Okay so maybe we're not all equal, but a homosexual couple and heterosexual couple are equal, given that they both provide a good home and loving environment for the child.

You do make valid point, but priority should be given to the straight people, in my opinion.
Original post by missygeorgia
Says who?

If you have nothing constructive to say, then please refrain from quoting me in the beginning.
Original post by leala4628
Even for the (for arguments sake say 9/10) straight children a gay role model will help them understand people they meet later in life who are gay or in some way different. That's like saying the majority of people in this country are able bodied, they don't need a disabled role model-that would be ridiculous. It's about tolerance, having more visible gay parents will help both those who do struggle with their sexuality in the future but also society in becoming a more tolerant, understanding place.

A good straight couple would teach their child tolerance anyway.
Reply 97
Original post by grth
Personally, I think we're awesome. :awesome:

*high five*

I can't believe it's even an issue on here to be honest-the more people think about it surely the more they realise how much of a non issue it is who you are attracted to/fall in love with/build a life with.
You do make valid point, but priority should be given to the straight people, in my opinion.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then please refrain from quoting me in the beginning.

Why is a heterosexual environment better than a homosexual one for a child to grow up in?
Reply 99

The fact is without visibility and equal rights what use is 'teaching' tolerance? So you'd teach your child that people are different but no, they can't bring up children or have the same rights as you?

Latest

Trending

Trending