Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is being approachable mean your unnattractive?-pls answer :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking this before if lots of random people constantly ask you 3 things:
    1)do you have a lighter?
    2)do you know the directions to ....
    3)do you work in this shop related ques (when you clearly dont)

does it mean you look like gullable kind of humble guy (which is bad)

pls answer

ReputationRep:
    anyone??

ReputationRep:
    I think being approachable is a good thing, personally. My friends laugh that I get "all the weirdos" coming up to me, but I like to think I just give off a friendly vibe. Haha. It doesn't mean you're 'gullible' or unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    being a humble guy's not a bad thing but yeah it probs is- doesn't necc mean you're unattractive, i mean you might think you look a bit soft?

ReputationRep:
    looking soft is for a guy?

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking that if someone is attractive, ppl are less likely to come up to them and ask these ques because he/she is attractive and usually ppl would think more shly than someone who is average or unnattractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    I think being approachable is a good thing, personally. My friends laugh that I get "all the weirdos" coming up to me, but I like to think I just give off a friendly vibe. Haha. It doesn't mean you're 'gullible' or unattractive.
    is that how you spell gullible thanks!

ReputationRep:
    i need responses ppl:o:o!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa23)
    do you think im crazy to think this...you laugh but maybe i am a bit extreme on certain views
    Yeah a bit crazy. Don't let it bother you =/

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking that if someone is attractive, ppl are less likely to come up to them and ask these ques because he/she is attractive and usually ppl would think more shly than someone who is average or unnattractive?
    Why so big?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuickestSilver)
    Why so big?
    it took me ages to think of this and plus it spices up the thread

ReputationRep:
    it took me ages to think of this and plus it spices up the thread
    Haha fair doos.

ReputationRep:
    x
    LOUD NOISES! LOUD NOISES!

Anyway. I've been told I'm approachable and I always have people coming up to me. I figure it may be because I smile a lot and always pull ..goofy.. faces, so it's either they come up to me or they run away. Does this mean I am unattractive? Oh damn!

Actually I just think it's if you look friendly or not. I would think that people would approach a cute, girl next door but not so much a hot, blatantly sexy girl. However both are attractive, so your point is sort of void.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    LOUD NOISES! LOUD NOISES!

Anyway. I've been told I'm approachable and I always have people coming up to me. I figure it may be because I smile a lot and always pull ..goofy.. faces, so it's either they come up to me or they run away. Does this mean I am unattractive? Oh damn!

Actually I just think it's if you look friendly or not. I would think that people would approach a cute, girl next door but not so much a hot, blatantly sexy girl. However both are attractive, so your point is sort of void.
    what about boys-they dont really need to be as attractive does the same apply for them?

ReputationRep:
    I always get people asking for money or cigarettes or directions, etc... But I walk around looking very angry and grumpy and not at all approachable, so **** knows why they ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    I always get people asking for money or cigarettes or directions, etc... But I walk around looking very angry and grumpy and not at all approachable, so **** knows why they ask me.
    this is why i think its quite annoying because i had my hood on today which is quite unapproachable is it not and my friend once told me that i look like an assasin?:eek:lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    I think being approachable is a good thing, personally. My friends laugh that I get "all the weirdos" coming up to me, but I like to think I just give off a friendly vibe.
    I get this!

ReputationRep:
    its cause you go stockport grammar

ReputationRep:
    Personally I ask people for a light to get chatting to them.. it's ideal

ReputationRep:
    It means you are
    1) not a tourist
    2) not a rascist
    3) not a crazy
    4) human

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.