Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Guardian has a complete list of how Lib Dem MPs voted Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought this would be of great interest to TSR, and warranted it's own thread

Those who voted against:

Annette Brooke (Dorset Mid & Poole North), Sir Menzies Campbell (Fife North East), Michael Crockart (Edinburgh West), Tim Farron (Westmorland & Lonsdale), Andrew George (St Ives), Mike Hancock (Portsmouth South), Julian Huppert (Cambridge), Charles Kennedy (Ross, Skye & Lochaber), John Leech (Manchester Withington), Stephen Lloyd (Eastbourne), Greg Mulholland (Leeds North West), John Pugh (Southport), Alan Reid (Argyll & Bute), Dan Rogerson (Cornwall North), Bob Russell (Colchester), Adrian Sanders (Torbay), Ian Swales (Redcar), Mark Williams (Ceredigion), Roger Williams (Brecon and Radnorshire), Jenny Willott (Cardiff Central), and Simon Wright (Norwich South).

Abstained:

Lorely Burt (Solihull), Martin Horwood (Cheltenham), Simon Hughes (Bermondsey & Old Southwark), Chris Huhne (Eastleigh), Tessa Munt (Wells), Sir Robert Smith (Aberdeenshire West and Kincardine), John Thurso (Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross), and Stephen Williams (Bristol West).

Theose who voted for:

Danny Alexander (Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey), Norman Baker (Lewes), Sir Alan Beith (Berwick-upon-Tweed), Gordon Birtwistle (Burnley), Tom Brake (Carshalton & Wallington), Jeremy Browne (Taunton Deane), Malcolm Bruce (Gordon), Paul Burstow (Sutton & Cheam), Vincent Cable (Twickenham), Alistair Carmichael (Orkney & Shetland), Nick Clegg (Sheffield Hallam), Edward Davey (Kingston & Surbiton), Lynne Featherstone (Hornsey & Wood Green), Don Foster (Bath), Stephen Gilbert (St Austell and Newquay), Duncan Hames (Chippenham), Nick Harvey (Devon North), David Heath (Somerton & Frome), John Hemming (Birmingham Yardley), Norman Lamb (Norfolk North), David Laws (Yeovil), Michael Moore (Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk), Andrew Stunell (Hazel Grove), Jo Swinson (Dunbartonshire East), Sarah Teather (Brent Central), David Ward (Bradford East), and Steve Webb (Thornbury and Yate).

The full article is here:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/b...tics-blog-live

ReputationRep:
    good ol' Bob Russell

ReputationRep:
    Probably worth noting that Chris Huhne and Martin Horwood abstained as they were in Cancun, though as one was to vote for and one against, they'd have cancelled each other out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Probably worth noting that Chris Huhne and Martin Horwood abstained as they were in Cancun, though as one was to vote for and one against, they'd have cancelled each other out anyway.
    I could have sworn I heard that Huhne flew back to vote...? Could be bs...

Huhne is a **** anyway, wouldn't be surprised if he abstained, all he cares about is votes. Take the safe option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I could have sworn I heard that Huhne flew back to vote...? Could be bs...

Huhne is a **** anyway, wouldn't be surprised if he abstained, all he cares about is votes. Take the safe option.
    No, he stayed in Cancun, which I think he should have done as it's important stuff regardless of the fees vote. There was talk of getting him to fly back, but it didn't happen. I understand he would have voted for the bill, not abstained. Being out there with a Lib Dem who would have voted against means that it didn't make a real difference.

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Williams abstained? I was sure he was for. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    good ol' Bob Russell
    Noticed this too

ReputationRep:
    One sec, im just getting my shotgun and a map. *So where is Sheffield Hallam anyway?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V12)
    Theose who voted for:

Danny Alexander (Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey), Norman Baker (Lewes), Sir Alan Beith (Berwick-upon-Tweed), Gordon Birtwistle (Burnley), Tom Brake (Carshalton & Wallington), Jeremy Browne (Taunton Deane), Malcolm Bruce (Gordon), Paul Burstow (Sutton & Cheam), Vincent Cable (Twickenham), Alistair Carmichael (Orkney & Shetland), Nick Clegg (Sheffield Hallam), Edward Davey (Kingston & Surbiton), Lynne Featherstone (Hornsey & Wood Green), Don Foster (Bath), Stephen Gilbert (St Austell and Newquay), Duncan Hames (Chippenham), Nick Harvey (Devon North), David Heath (Somerton & Frome), John Hemming (Birmingham Yardley), Norman Lamb (Norfolk North), David Laws (Yeovil), Michael Moore (Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk), Andrew Stunell (Hazel Grove), Jo Swinson (Dunbartonshire East), Sarah Teather (Brent Central), David Ward (Bradford East), and Steve Webb (Thornbury and Yate).
    What a scumbag.

ReputationRep:
    So many scots voted for it, it doesn't even frigging affect them grr!

ReputationRep:
    Theose who voted for:

Legends tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    all those who voted against should branch off and reform a UK liberal party devoted to grass roots liberal politics all those who voted for should be deemed as what they really are facist right wingers dressed up in the guise of open minded individual, makes me feel ashamed to realise that not so long ago i swallowed nick cleggs lies.
    Typical leftie bull****.

So because someone votes to increase tuition fees, they're now a "facist"?
    Riiiight.

ReputationRep:
    all those who voted against should branch off and reform a UK liberal party devoted to grass roots liberal politics all those who voted for should be deemed as what they really are facist right wingers dressed up in the guise of open minded individual, makes me feel ashamed to realise that not so long ago i swallowed nick cleggs lies.
    Idiot.

Do you even understand the definition of "fascist"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Typical leftie bull****.

So because someone votes to increase tuition fees, they're now a "facist"?
    Riiiight.
    They sold out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Idiot.

Do you even understand the definition of "fascist"?
    yes

i do

but does nick clegg understand the meaning of the term pledge?

sorry i got crazy with the fascist crap just trying to get a point across in a badly articulated way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerigeeApogee)
    Anyway, it does affect the Scots. Lots of Scottish students go to English universities
    But don't pay fees.

, and it's Scotland who have to put up with the number of English who will be flooding to Scottish universities to take advantage of the lesser fees[/QUOTE]

English students going to Scottish universities will pay full fees.

, plus the issue of our fees having to go up to remain competitive with English universities who'll be charging 9k.
    Scotland doesn't have tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin22391)
    They sold out.
    Sure.
    So they're sell-outs
    Not facists.

Although considering that Conservative MPs have voted through Lib dem proposals that many of them object to, I think the parties helping each other to implement the respective manifestos is entirely fair. Since the Conservative party has more seats and a greater proportion of the vote, when the two manifestos directly contradict each other, the Conservative party manifesto should be the one which is implemented, with alterations to make it fit the lib dem agenda where possible.
    On this issue the two manifestos directly contradicted each other, so the lib dems, as the smaller party in the coalition, could not be expected to meet their manifesto pledge.

That's really all there is to it.

ReputationRep:
    Shame on Don Foster. I thought he would at least have abstained, considering the fact he represents a constiuency with two universities. I suppose he doesn't really care though, as apparantly he's retiring at the next election.

ReputationRep:
    all those who voted against should branch off and reform a UK liberal party devoted to grass roots liberal politics all those who voted for should be deemed as what they really are right wingers dressed up in the guise of open minded individual, makes me feel ashamed to realise that not so long ago i swallowed nick cleggs lies.
    What on earth has this got to do with being right wing???? You're deluded my friend!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    all those who voted against should branch off and reform a UK liberal party devoted to grass roots liberal politics all those who voted for should be deemed as what they really are right wingers dressed up in the guise of open minded individual, makes me feel ashamed to realise that not so long ago i swallowed nick cleggs lies.

You realise a liberal party would have far more in common with the right wing than the left?

Or do you not understand what Liberal means and are just using the American definition of the word?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.