Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you now be going to uni? Watch

• View Poll Results: Will you now be going to uni?
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    10.00%
    Not sure yet
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    Will you now be going to uni with the fee changes?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, anyone who votes no shouldn't have been intending to go in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    My sister will go in 2013, even with the fee changes.

Yes I will be going to university.

ReputationRep:
      a rise in fees wont stop me getting an education

ReputationRep:
      I'd still go even though I'd never work long enough to pay back the loan I'd get.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      Yes, hopefully in 2013

ReputationRep:
      If I was a few years younger, I would still definitely go, but I reckon I would make difference choices options-wise

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Van_der_Waals)
      To be honest, anyone who votes no shouldn't have been intending to go in the first place.
      Perfectly well said.

Those who choose not to go to uni because of the fees probably lack the intelligence and drive to succeed with a university education anyway.

ReputationRep:
      Yes, definately. Not going to uni isn't an option.

ReputationRep:
      If your course won't earn you enough money that you'll be able to pay for it yourself in the long term, you're a bad investment and the taxpayer shouldn't pay you through university anyway.
      End of.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Van_der_Waals)
      I agree with you but what if its not because they dont want to go as its too expensive but cant? Their circumstances wont allow them its not something they can choose anymore you either have the money or you dont

ReputationRep:
      Providing I receive a place, yes.

ReputationRep:
      the point is you dont need the money, the government will loan you it and you only have to pay back after uni when u earn 21k or more

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
      I agree with you but what if its not because they dont want to go as its too expensive but cant? Their circumstances wont allow them its not something they can choose anymore you either have the money or you dont
      This is the general argument against the fee rise by the misinformed. You're not asked to pay £27,000 or whatever up front, the current student loans system remains in place, and you won't have to repay anything until you are earning over £21,000.
      So you see the argument that some people may not be able to afford to go to university is total rubbish. In fact, I believe it has been suggested that those from the poorest backgrounds will have their first two years payed for.

ReputationRep:
      I'll get married to a rich investment banker before I graduate so that he can pay my fees off for me

ReputationRep:
      Haters gonna hate, so...

Spoiler:
      Show
      I'm not sure. But I was having doubts before the fee rises - confidence crisis!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
      Oh. My. God.
      It's already been stated in this thread, so I'm not even going to tell you why you're wrong.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.