Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your Lib Dem MP voted against the rise in tuition fees. Do you still vote for them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So your Lib Dem MP voted against the tuition fee rise. They signed the pledge and kept to it. Will you vote for them again or can you now not support the party as a whole?

Personally, I reckon if they kept their promise and are doing what their constituents ask of them, then they should be voted back in. In the past they had little say and people still voted for them. They still have little say, still kept their promise, I reckon they still should be voted in.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, MY Lib Dem MP would have voted against but he was at the Climate Change thing x

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't answer you question personally, my lib dem voted for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Actually, MY Lib Dem MP would have voted against but he was at the Climate Change thing x
    Chris Huhne?

edit: If it is him, he would have voted for the fees increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    You live in Cheltenham or surrounding area I'm guessing?

ReputationRep:
    How does this add to the thread? I'm talking about MP's that kept their promises.

If your saying you wouldn't vote for an MP that kept their promise because they are part of a party that as a whole didn't, then say that.

ReputationRep:
    I like my MP and he was always staunchly against student fees.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Tbh when it comes down to it you should be voting for the MP who will do the best for your area.

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting for Real Change.

ReputationRep:
    Where I'm standing now, yes. The guy's got balls to do that, and it shows he's willing to do the right thing irrelevant of party line, at least to some extent. But it'll take some contemplating, there's bigger factors to consider then just the pat on the back he deserves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac spooge)
    You live in Cheltenham or surrounding area I'm guessing?
    Yep. Well, actually I am about 2 mins walk out of his constituency but as a) I can't vote anyways and b) I hate our mp - I have decided to adopt him regardless

OP, sorry - not much of a contribution, but hey I bumped you thread for you didn't I!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could but I'm stuck right in the middle of the Forest of Dean. Apart from my town, which has always voted labour, its not very pro Tory. It's a shame, I wish we had a liberal MP (one that doesn't break their promises).

I agree with a post a bit further up. Its about what the MP does for your area, not who he sleeps with in parliament to get a better job

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i could re-elect my lib dem mp. it seems to go against everything he was saying before the election. he seems more loyal to the tory manifesto than his own. after promising to local colleges that fees would be froze, i think he will lose his seat next election.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.