Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'd like your opinion/experience on a little problem I have!

Well I've been job hunting like mad lately and applied to both Greggs and Wenzels. Last week Greggs offered me an interview and today Wenzels did as well! They are both bakeries offering me positions within proximity of each other.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to attend both interviews, but am I obliged to say anything regarding my other job interviews? What if they ask? I know it's an unlikely situation, but I just want to be sure!

And should I be offered jobs with both companies, assuming the hours do not clash, would it be amoral to take on both? Would I have to tell my managers; do they have a right to know; is there a way they can find out? I assume I will be given a contract and it depends on that, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience or advice on this situation.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Amoral?

Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    as long as you dont feed one bakery information about the other its fine, in that case, do it! demand money.

ReputationRep:
    Amoral? I thought this would be a seriously ****ed up H&R thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Amoral? I thought this would be a seriously ****ed up H&R thread...
    And I thought your response would be a seriously helpful reply!

ReputationRep:
    Immoral. Amoral = morally neutral. I am the grammar monster!
    But to be slightly more helpful, I would say no it's not wrong at all, so long as you don't gossip about one with the staff in the other. However, it's something I wouldn't advertise to your boss, though it's not evil, they still might not approve.

ReputationRep:
    It's not wrong at all, but you will have to tell them that you've a job elsewhere as it will limit your availability. You're under no obligation to tell them during the interviews, though, as you don't have a job with either yet.

ReputationRep:
    Amoral lol wtf?

No just do it. 2 jobs is good.

ReputationRep:
    if you accept both jobs you should probably tell them because you might not always get the same shifts all the time and they will need to know things that affect when you can work. but you don't need to tell them until then

ReputationRep:
    Surely they would find out anyway, because you'll be taxed on two part time jobs as you would on one full time job? To answer your question no there is nothing wrong with taking two part time jobs. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the helpful responses! I will take both my interviews but not mention it unless I am offered jobs with both of them (which, y'know, would be good )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemnomnom)

Well I've been job hunting like mad lately and applied to both Greggs and Wenzels. Last week Greggs offered me an interview and today Wenzels did as well! They are both bakeries offering me positions within proximity of each other.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to attend both interviews, but am I obliged to say anything regarding my other job interviews? What if they ask? I know it's an unlikely situation, but I just want to be sure!

And should I be offered jobs with both companies, assuming the hours do not clash, would it be amoral to take on both? Would I have to tell my managers; do they have a right to know; is there a way they can find out? I assume I will be given a contract and it depends on that, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience or advice on this situation.

Thank you!
    A lesson in diction: 'unethical' is attending two interviews on the pretext of being available to commence employment in the event of an offer. 'Immoral' is lying about it, when asked. 'Amoral' would be using the severed head of one interviewer to bludgeon the other into a fine paste.

A subtle demarcation, admittedly, but arguably an important one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemnomnom)

Thank you!
    The fact you are asking suggests it, or you, are not amoral.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.