Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prtotest was HUGE SUCCESS! Well Done Protestors! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys honestly believe that if the protest didn't turn out violent the tuition fees wouldn't have been raised?

I know that this is a divisive issue, but I would urge everyone to recognise this for what it is: an 80% cut to an already stretched tertiary education system, foisted upon people who had no responsibility for the crisis, by people who went to university for free.

It's an absolute disgrace.

While the country suffers from deep cuts the very understanding/sympathasing Royals decided to go watch some thearitical show in their tax payer funded motorcade just round the corner from the protests.We should really admire these Royals who are only leeching off the tax payers and rubbing salt to the wound at the right time.

What have these protests achieved?

It was a huge sign to the politicians that people won't accept BS from them anymore.They are all a bunch of two faced lying warmongering thieving scumbags!

And what can i say about Nick F***** Clegg?

ReputationRep:
    This is only the beginning, the Poll Tax riots didn't have immediate success however they did force out the government of the time and one year later the plans were scrapped.

Keep the faith.

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    WHY DID NICK CLEGG CROSS THE ROAD?

Because he said he wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking your logic

ReputationRep:
    Will there be any more protests? And it looked quite peaceful before they got kettled.

ReputationRep:

Democracy's all lovely and fluffy until something you don't like happens. And WTF do the royals have anything to do with fees? I always take the mick out of them, but attacking them was crossing the line and made you look like thugs, damaging and attacking things getting your knickers in a twist because you didn't get your way. Boo ****ing hoo.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tnetinbum)
      Democracy's all lovely and fluffy until something you don't like happens. And WTF do the royals have anything to do with fees? I always take the mick out of them, but attacking them was crossing the line and made you look like thugs, damaging and attacking things getting your knickers in a twist because you didn't get your way. Boo ****ing hoo.
      Read my post again with your Specs on this time.

I never said attacking the Royals was a good thing, i just said how pathetic it was of them to go watch some show just round the corner from where thousands of students are protesting worried about their Bright full of debt future.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 4ttari)
      Did you guys honestly believe that if the protest didn't turn out violent the tuition fees wouldn't have been raised?

I know that this is a divisive issue, but I would urge everyone to recognise this for what it is: an 80% cut to an already stretched tertiary education system, foisted upon people who had no responsibility for the crisis, by people who went to university for free.

While the country suffers from deep cuts the very understanding/sympathasing Royals decided to go watch some thearitical show in their tax payer funded motorcade just round the corner from the protests.We should really admire these Royals who are only leeching off the tax payers and rubbing salt to the wound at the right time.

It was a huge sign to the politicians that people won't accept BS from them anymore.They are all a bunch of two faced lying warmongering thieving scumbags!

As been said before, they have vandalised and injured people. Not only that, but this will be seen by people all over the world - as if their perception of British people wasn't bad enough - we now have these thugs running around.

The media are labelling it as students, maybe about 10% are students, if that.

See the person that swung on the cenotaph? That is so disrespectful seeing as that is a memorial for people that died so they had the right to friggin protest.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EggmanD)
      WHY DID NICK CLEGG CROSS THE ROAD?

Because he said he wouldn't.
      lol I was thinking when the jokes about this would come out

ReputationRep:

The British Monarchy is actually a good source of tourism revenue, not to mention its cultural value.

You do understand why cuts are being made and, in particular, why tuition fees are going up, don't you?

Tbqf I got the impression that some protestors (especially the violent) are just anarchists who have nothing better to do, kicking up a fuss; many of them should have been in school learning about the world around them instead of continuing to act blindly.

Read my post again with your Specs on this time.

I never said attacking the Royals was a good thing, i just said how pathetic it was of them to go watch some show just round the corner from where thousands of students are protesting worried about their Bright full of debt future.
        Their trip had probably been planned months in advance, and the venue was located very close to where students were protesting. Engaging in criminal behaviour is really going to get you sympathy, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ussumane)
        Will there be any more protests? And it looked quite peaceful before they got kettled.

http://anticuts.org.uk/ No signs of planned protests abaiting

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tnetinbum)
        Their trip had probably been planned months in advance, and the venue was located very close to where students were protesting. Engaging in criminal behaviour is really going to get you sympathy, isn't it?
        The trip could have been easily cancelled and it was kind of stupid anyway for the Royals to head near the protestors when the signs of violence were clear alot earlier during the protest.

ReputationRep:
        Success? Hopefully you go back to uni and learn the definition of success.

Protests were a failure and did nothing but show students in a worse light than they already are by todays media. Congrats on putting graffiti all over london, injurying police officers, smashing windows, defacing statues and smashing up topshop. Huge success

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ste0731)
        Success? Hopefully you go back to uni and learn the definition of success.

Protests were a failure and did nothing but show students in a worse light than they already are by todays media. Congrats on putting graffiti all over london, injurying police officers, smashing windows, defacing statues and smashing up topshop. Huge success
        I know the definition of success hence why i called these protests a success.

The main objective of the protest was to get the point across and it was successfuly accomplished.It was clear to majority of the students that the protest wasn't going to change the increase in the tuition fees.But the point was made and it shows that the the British youth can still make a stand for themselves and their future.

ReputationRep:
        Did anyone else see a protester saying "We're from the slums of London & EMA is keeping us in college" :rofl: I've yet to see anything resembling a slum in the capital, he should be grateful.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ProfessorS)
        Did anyone else see a protester saying "We're from the slums of London & EMA is keeping us in college" :rofl: I've yet to see anything resembling a slum in the capital, he should be grateful.
        Was he the same one that then went on to ask what's stopping him dealing drugs on street corners? Fair play to the majority of the protesters. It's a shame there were some *******s in there that gave the media an easy slur image to portray but that's always bound to happen.

If nothing else, this whole sorry affair of tuition fees has ensured Nick Clegg and his ******** "Liberal" chums in parliament are finished. Their party has been set back generations so they can have their 15 minutes at the top table. I feel sorry for the public who actually believed these snakes were actually a viable alternative. As for all those who supported them in the opinion polls but didn't vote (I presume a lot of them were students) and will now support Labour, lets hope they actually vote.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.