Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Attack' on Charles and Camilla a conspiracy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just considering this right now. What with all the claims from previous protests that protestors were being provoked by police, police leaving empty vehicles to entice students to attack, it might be true that this so-called attack was used for the same purpose.

Just for a second, consider this. The 'students' attacking the car would be undercover police, the attack would be practised beforehand. Ultimately the real protesters end up looking like "anarchists".

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I just saw the pictures, Camilla was bricking it (no pun intended) :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    The police using the Royal Family as bait?

Somehow I doubt this.

That car would of been bombarded, regardless of who was inside it. Angry students (or people who just joined in for fun), who just heard something they didn't want to = they want to break things.

But, who knows?

ReputationRep:
    i find it hard to believe that charles and camilla would normally take a limo through an area packed with protesting students on the day of the fees vote. it wouldnt say much for their security, would it? So clearly they were being used as bait, they probably agreed to it too.

ReputationRep:
    I think they've got better things to do with their time than to be bait

(Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
      I think they've got better things to do with their time than to be bait
      This.

(Original post by Diaz89)
      I just saw the pictures, Camilla was bricking it (no pun intended) :ahee:
      I don't get the pun. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
      OP is a retard.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      I think you, pseudo conspiracy theorist should just go look up some real conspiracies, this is one weak 'conspiracy'

There are eye witness reports, people calling up Radio stations (LBC 97.3 for example) giving accounts of what they saw, they saw their car and a mob of 'students' running up the street (regent street) chasing the car and the police

It's cool to have an enquiring mind to question things you see, hear that the media puts out, don't be a mindless sponge that juts soaks in anything he's told by the news and that's cool and all but don't go overboard

don't cry 'Omgz it's a conspiracy!' for everything, it just makes you look paranoid and damages your credibility, it may not be true but people will just think you're a bit silly and a tin foil hat nut job. I'm not even trying to bash conspiracy theorists in general, I know so many and I'm openly interested in loads of them - Abovetopsecret.com is such a great site, I need to go on it more these days, like I used to

but the people that cry conspiracy after like every big news event, it just gets annoying. 'Omgz I bet the BP oil spill was a conspiracy too, actually done by the Iranian mafia as revenge for condemnation from the US!' No, just no
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SumTingWong)
      i find it hard to believe that charles and camilla would normally take a limo through an area packed with protesting students on the day of the fees vote. it wouldnt say much for their security, would it? So clearly they were being used as bait, they probably agreed to it too.
      Well the police made the foolish mistake of trusting protesters to follow a pre planned route rather than running amuck through london like a pack of animals.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      Well the police made the foolish mistake of trusting protesters to follow a pre planned route rather than running amuck through london like a pack of animals.
      Yup. It was always going to happen.

ReputationRep:
      Martyn* in 3... 2...

ReputationRep:
      I like how the Daily Fails headline goes to the extreme on the picture of Charles and Camilla: 'Pure Terror In Her Eyes'... Yeah, right.

ReputationRep:
      At the end of the day their security team is run by humans and humans make mistakes.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      Wrong. The police cut off the pre-planned route (they also did this at a Bristol protest on Sunday). They also tried to kettle people, despite the fact that, at that point, there was no violence or disorder among the protesters.

So if you're hoping for a peaceful march, it's not going to happen because the police aren't allowing it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Guitarded)
      So if you're hoping for a peaceful march, it's not going to happen because the police aren't allowing it.
      bull****

the police forcing all protestors to stay in one place does not provoke violence. aggressive students reacting violently to being stopped from going where they want is their own stupid fault for lacking self control. If you complied with police orders nothing would happen. but no, theres always the ********s who shame the rest of us isnt there???

there is no excuse for the violence and destruction.

the police give you an order, you comply. end of.

police leaving empty vehicles to entice students to attack,
      again complete *******s. your trying to argue that an empty police vehicle is a valid and just target for peaceful protestors to trash??

since when has trashing vehicles been acceptable? it hasnt. so how can it be provocation??? it cant. simple.

Students have shamed themselves with their actions lately in protest of the fees. So called educated people?? or people aspiring to be educated??? arent educated people supposed to to rise above "bait" and take an educated moral high ground rather than doing uneducated moronic behaviour like rioting, something you would expect of the uneducated working class masses like in the 80s rather than supposed intelligent people.

tell you what, it does highlight that educational reform is needed. ie stop so many going to uni.

ReputationRep:
      It might have been set up considering they would have known about the protest taking place surely they could have taken an alternative route to get to where they were going not just happen to go through an area with student protesters.

ReputationRep:
      defacing churchill's statue, swinging from flags at the cenotaph, great way to get all those conservative MPs on board.

Frankly if I was BoJo or the PM, those commiting these horrid acts should just be banished from London for life.

ReputationRep:
      Wouldn't go as far as "Undercover Police within the crowd" as something like that could easily be caught. However, I do believe that they purposely chose that route to again show the "students" to be "thugs" and so on.

But then again, unlike the Police Van incident there wasn't any official cameras around. If the Police had planned it along with the SO1? I'd have thought there would have been officials there with cameras to "get the pictures they needed". Who knows but it is certainly suspicious.

Couldn't help but smile as Charlesy gave his little waves. :top2:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.