Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey
    Ok I might sound really stupid but physics is literally killing me !
    I’m giving phy1 in Jan and I find it really difficult
    I did IGCSE O-level so I’m not really used to the Edexcel way of questioning
    I mean I’m reading books and trying my best but when it comes to tests I’m just so bad I’ve done all the material and mechanics past papers but I’m still very scared. i understand the theory part of it and I’m completely clear with it but when it comes to the questions i get really confused!
    I have to get an A. I don’t really have a choice : (

I really need some advice on how i should study
    Also where can i get extra questions for practice
    Any help anyone can give will be very much appreciated
    Reply soon : )

ReputationRep:
    Think yourself lucky for not doing OCR.

ReputationRep:
    Oh physics.. Yet very interesting, it can be a tough subject when pissed off

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't tried this yet, find some mark schemes and compare your answers with what they're asking for. It can be tricky to get exactly what they want, but with practice you should be able to spot it more easily. I know quite a few people who had the same problem when starting A Level, so you're not alone.

(Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Really? I do OCR Physics A, and it's not too bad. I thought OCR was meant to be kind of average in terms of difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hob)
    If you haven't tried this yet, find some mark schemes and compare your answers with what they're asking for. It can be tricky to get exactly what they want, but with practice you should be able to spot it more easily. I know quite a few people who had the same problem when starting A Level, so you're not alone.

Really? I do OCR Physics A, and it's not too bad. I thought OCR was meant to be kind of average in terms of difficulty.
    Its horrible, the course books terrible too!

ReputationRep:
    Right enough, the amount of times I've looked at the back of the book for answers to questions and found that they've given the wrong answer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hob)
    Right enough, the amount of times I've looked at the back of the book for answers to questions and found that they've given the wrong answer...
    It rounds way too much, and doesnt tell you how to get to the answer (assuming it even gives one!)

ReputationRep:
    i heard a-level was the toughest
    oh well best of luck : D

ReputationRep:
    try WJEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazbaz)
    try WJEC
    http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/papers/w10-1324-01.pdf

Thats ****ing easy, our spread questions in the book are way harder then these.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_10...n_gce_g484.pdf

Is OCR A Paper same topics as you.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/papers/w10-1324-01.pdf

Thats ****ing easy, our spread questions in the book are way harder then these.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_10...n_gce_g484.pdf

Is OCR A Paper same topics as you.
    We got told that WJEC is the hardest exam board and eton etc do it so yh i dunn though that paper did seem easy
    looking at the OCr paper it is even easier nothing on that seems hard

ReputationRep:
    You do OCR-B, right?

if so, I can empathise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazbaz)
    We got told that WJEC is the hardest exam board and eton etc do it so yh i dunn though that paper did seem easy
    looking at the OCr paper it is even easier nothing on that seems hard
    You need to know so much around the subject of physics, thats how OCR tests you. Some of the questions in the book my teachers have problems explaining/doing.

ReputationRep:
    You need to know so much around the subject of physics, thats how OCR tests you. Some of the questions in the book my teachers have problems explaining/doing.
    Fair enough, like what?

ReputationRep:
    What most people seem to do is cut and paste every question onto TSR and wait for stonebridge to show you how to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    What most people seem to do is cut and paste every question onto TSR and wait for stonebridge to show you how to do it.
    This is so true

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, radioactivity does that to you!

ReputationRep:
    remember this was about me needing help with my as-level boards exams -_-
    not OCR!!!! -.-

ReputationRep:
    Do you not do calculus methods at A Level?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you guys, but AQA is pretty tough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.